cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Date calculation in SNP Heuristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am using weekly bucket profile. In the SNP PPM, period factor is set as 0. Lets say I create a PIR on date 09.11.2010 which is Tuesday.

If I run Location Heuristics, it should schedule the Planned Order on 08.11.2010 12:00. But system is scheduling it on 11.11.2010 23:59:59 i.e. Thrusday. No matter on which day I create the PIR, it somehow always schedules it on Thrusday. Please help to understand how it is happening.

(Though it should not matter here but Location-Product data also has period factor as 0)

Regards

Rinju

Edited by: Rinju Mukherjee on Sep 27, 2010 7:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to both of you.

Regards

Rinju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes explained by Micky, the period factor decide the when you want to have supply elements ,either start of bucket or middle of bucket or end of bucket. We can do the calculation exactly as you mentioned above by you.

There are also other factory like lead time to be checked, but I think period factor is working correctly as defined.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can put the period factor as 0 or blank. If you do I think by default system consider as 0.5 and creates the requirement in the middle of bucket. Please put the period factor as 0.001 to create any requirement at the beginning of bucket.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Micky and Amol,

Thanks for your response. It seems F1 help for field 'Period factor' is not correct. Anyway, if system is taking 0.5, I have further two questions:

Then it should be scheduled in the middle i.e. Monday + 2.5 = Wednesday. Why is it scheduling on Thrusday.

(ii) In SNP Heuristics, period factor only caculate the date. It sets by-default Time as 12:00, but here system is setting 23:59:59, why?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards

Rinju

0 Kudos

i) I think period factor is applied before the calendar so 0.5 is Thursday

ii) I'd have to check as I've not used a lot od heuristics for a few years... but it's not important as long as you have the right day

0 Kudos

I seem to remember having this issue years ago...

when we investigated I think we discovered the system considered a period factor of "zero" as "blank" an actually defaults to 0.5

I think we used 0.001 as the period factor as a workaround although it was years ago in APO 3.0 so it might be out-of-date info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Micky,

Thanks for your reply. As far as I understood, if period factor is 'Blank' both in PPM and product location, then system will take it as 0.5. But if it is zero, then it should schedule it at the start of the period (in this case Monday).

BTW I am using SCM7.0.

Regards

Rinju

0 Kudos

Actually it's not possible to set to blank.

If you set to blank then switch to display mode you see 0.000, which is also what is stored in the database.

I just checked this behaviour in SCM 7.0, so maybe it does still behave like 3.0 where you needed 0.001 to get receipts created at the start of the week...?