cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!! Restoring a 2004s System from Backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are havign to recovery our SRM5.0 system and need to know what is involved with trying to just RSTLIB from our Production install (not live yet) to our SRM DEV system. Is there any issue with the JAVA or is it jsut as simple as CRTSQL R3<DEV>DATA and then restore from a copy of R3<prd>data? I know that there are other libraries so that is why I am not sure this word work with an ABAP+JAVA 2004s system.

Thanks ahead of time

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

The RSTLIB command works fine for a ABAP system as I have done that myself so many times. It may also work for a ABAP+JAVA 2004s system, as long as you restore the ABAP and Java data libraries correctly and seperately. But I am not so sure. Try opening up a messsage with SAP and ask them if the same thing is appliacble for JAVA stack as well..

Thanks

Abhi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ralf and Abhi.

I reinstalled the SRM system and the XI systems. We did have a copy of the ABAP library (R3<sid>data for SRM so we followed an SAP note and restored it once the installation had completed. This allowed us to recovery all the configuration up to Wednesday. For XI, the configurators will have to redo what had already been done. I have now made sure that operations is backing up all the needed libraries-ABAP, JAVA, kernels etc.. for the new systems.

Again thanks,

Chris

ralf_buescher
Explorer
0 Kudos

For 2004s (release 7.00) there exists also the SAV/RSTLIB method for JAVA. Unfortunately it is not as simple as with ABAP, because for JAVA you have a library SAP<SID>DB and an SDM filesystem which you have both to restore. The restore of the SDM must be done by SAPinst.

Rough overview of export:

1. Use the "completely" patched Installation Master DVD of NW2004s SR1 to export your SDM (SAV/RSTLIB method)

2. SAVLIB SAP<SID>DB

3. SAVLIB R3<SID>DATA

For more details see:

1. SAP note 926085(all platforms) and 585277(iSeries)

2. Homogeneous/Heterogeneous Systemcopy guide NetWeaver 2004s SR1 (http://service.sap.com/installNW2004s)

Be aware that some SAP products need special preparations or post steps to complete the systemcopy successfully. These steps are described in the systemcopy documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. We are also on an iSeries 570 AS400.

Chris