cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with installation process of PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP gurus

Today I recieved the installation CDs since I want to install PI server. The CDs that I recieved said (Inst./Upgr. SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3).

I installed SQL server (using the CD included by SAP) successfully.

Now I am trying to install PI. I went to the directory 'IM_WINDOWS_I386' on Installation Master CD and selected SAPINST.

Under SAP Installation tree, when I open SAP NetWeaver 2004s Support Release 3, I see only 3 of the following

Standalone Engines

Optional Standalone Units

Software Life-Cycle Option.

I dont see 'SAP Systems' at all. Do you know what may be wrong.

In older versions (when I installed XI on a different server) I had seen this directory 'SAP Systems'. Under that there used to be

MS SQL Server -> Central System -> Central System Installation.

But I don't see this now and don't know how to proceed further. Anybody who knows what the problem is, if you can please let me know, I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your system 32Bit or 64Bit,you cannot find SAP system in IM which is not compatable for 64bit system.

Check this link for more information

[/people/matt.kangas/blog/2006/05/03/will-you-still-love-me-when-im-64|/people/matt.kangas/blog/2006/05/03/will-you-still-love-me-when-im-64]

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Uday for the response.

Yes our system is 32 bit. Thanks for the link and I read the blog. However, I still have questions.

Does SAP Netweaver 7.0 SR3 runs on 64 bit only? The CDs that I have recieved doesn't say anything about 64Bit or 32Bit, so I am little bit confusted. Could you please let me know if I need 64Bit to install this? I would appreciate it.

Also, if they don't support 32 bit, then what is the need for the executables under directory IMJ_WINDOWS_I386?

Sorry, I am not a BASIS guy but certified in XI. Since we don't have BASIS person in our company, I have been asked by my management to do it reading books and so am depending on help from experts on this forum. So please excuse my foolish questions.

Thanks

Ram

Edited by: Prasad Ram on Sep 27, 2010 6:54 PM

Answers (0)