cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding scripting in adobe HCM process and forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working on adobe HCM process and forms. Configuration has been done for HCM process and forms and I am getting the scenario stage level in the forms based on which I will give the visibilty to differenct levels of approvals in the form.Scripting has been done for that.

When form is initially loaded, I am making invisible some of the fields. On choosing the drop down the value that I make invisible is visible again. I found that Scenario stage that I bound to the form attribute is getting cleared off, when drop down event is called. Drop down event calls the generic services to fill the drop down values. Drop down used is from ISR Controls from the library.

The scripting that I used in the drop down event is as belows

if (xfa.form.data.Page1.FORM_SCN.rawValue == "INIMGR_LVL1")

{

xfa.form.data.Page1.DE.DEContent.HR_VIEW.presence = "invisible";

}

xfa.form.data.Page1.FORM_SCN.rawValue this is getting cleared off. Form SCN is the field in the form where in which I bound the attribute scenario stage.

Pls help me on this.

Regards,

Krishnan Paramasivan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And that's what I explained earlier. Make sure in your User Event config, that you have selected (check maked) that field for use (pass in and out) for the User Event. I know it makes NO sense that even though your actual "event" doesn't use it, you still have to pass it back and forth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That solved my problem. Thanks for the response.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a standard delivered field you can use in your configuration called FORM_SCENARIO_STAGE that you need to define as detailed in the HCM P&F documents. Then, you will know within your form at anytime what stage/step you are on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Correct solomon. I have bounded the same field form senario stage from the back end to the attribute of the form, but it is getting cleared off on calling the user event.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishnan

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am having trouble following you. Sounds like you are making fields visible/invisible basded on your form scenario stage/step. Right? Then from there, you have drop-down list that fires an event (user event?) to populate based on a backend service. Is that correct?

If so, my guess is that you have not "checked"/selected the form scenario stage field to be passed over and back in your User Event configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solomon,

Thanks for the earliest response. can you explain me in detail. Where to check/select the form scenario stage field to be passed over. In scripting the coding written as below:

xfa.record.CONTROL_PARAM.ISR_EVENT.value = "DD_GET_POSITION";

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");

DD_GET_POSITION is the event created in generic services and used in the user events in the form scenario stage in HRASR_DT.

Any further guidance on this ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Krishnan