cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE8 for punch-out (external catalogs) - requires change to trusted sites?

jay_rachfal
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are in the process from upgrading from IE7 to IE8. After upgrading to Internet Explorer 8, the functionality to use an external vendor catalog no longer works (the data is not brought back to SRM). So far, the only solution to this problem is to maintain the external catalog URLs in the trusted sites of IE8. This isn't a very viable solution at our company. Has anyone had success with a different solution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jay_rachfal
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have not found a solution. We are unwilling to "trust" all of the sites which we use for punch-out catalogs. Therefore, our current path forward is to have users log on to a Citrix server running IE7 and XP when they want to use punch-out catalogs.

If anyone has a better solution, we'd love to hear it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try to "Enable" protected mode for your intranet zone (or whichever zone SRM is sitting in). It sounds wierd, but has worked when I was playing with the same issue. In the end we went for the trusted sites though, as there was the fear that some intranet applications do require protected mode being turned off.

Regards

Merten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem. We are in process on upgrading IE to IE8. Whenever trying to launch External supplier catalog it is end up with browser error "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled".

But it is working fine with SRM MDM catalog.

I have also configured the browser setting as per some suggestion given. But it is still not working.

Is there any solution to overcome this problem?

Do I need to add any parameter in webservice call structure.

Kindly let me know your suggestions.

Thanks.

Regards,

Magesh Basavaraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to Note 1511147 - IE8 settings for SRM and Catalogs.

Thanks

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a Browser problem

In IE8 switch on compatibility view or look for solutions on the IE site

Best regards,

Henri

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The limitation is one of the MS Browser, not of the application, I suggest also looking into the Microsoft Forums for possible solutions.

Regards,

Jason