cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of JDK - Config Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

We changed the JDK of our AS JAVA Instances to the current version 1.4.2 SR 13. I think everything is working fine except the config tool - the java settings are showing the old java version instead of the new one.

What we did:

1. Installing the new Java version 1.4.2 SR 13

2. Installing the new JCE-Files

3. Change of JAVA_HOME environment variable of the <sid>adm user

4. Change of jstartup/vm/home instance profile parameter (central instance) to the new jdk-directory

5. Deletion of these files: /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/j2ee/cluster/instance.properties.vmprop

/usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/SDM/program/config/sdm_jstartup.properties.vmprop

6. SAP note 743583 for changing JDK for SDM

When i start the AS Java System Info the Djava.library.path tells me the path of the new jdk. I think that's ok. Also the SDM. When starting, the new JDK is used.

Configtool:

When checking the process on OS, it seems that the process is started with the new JDK version

bash-3.00$ ps -ef | grep configtool

d3jadm 426158 1 0 15:22:42 pts/3 0:00 /bin/csh ./configtool.sh

d3jadm 811070 426158 0 15:22:42 pts/3 0:59 /usr/java14_64_SR13/bin/java -Duser.language=en

-classpath .:./lib/launcher.jar -Djava.compiler=NONE com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart

com.sap.engine.configtool.visual.ConfigTool ./lib/

bash-3.00$

But when looking at the configtool, the Java version of instance, dispatcher and server is the old one. Now i am not sure if this is just a wrong display in configtool or a wrong configutation.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks for your help!

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether all steps are taken as per SAP Note 718901 - How to Change the JDK of the J2EE Engine

Thanks

Sunny

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Problem 1 solved. My colleagues from the unix team installed only jre, not jdk.

But now i have another one (small problem):

when starting the instance (instance stopped, no more process available, shared memory cleared) the sapstart finishes with "instance already running". but jcmon tells me that the processes are starting.

when moving back to java sr11 everything is working fine.

any ideas what could be wrong and how to check it?

thanks, martin

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check log file dev_server* and std_server* and also paste here.

Thanks

Sunny

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I recommend to check the note #723909 to see which JDK you are recommended to use. Most likely you installed an unsupported one which then leads to the phenomenon that your engine is not coming up. If you intend to change the JDK, then please use the note #718901 as mentioned above.

Best Regards,

Ervin (SAP)