Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to multiple file...

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My Scenario is : Idoc to File We are using PI 7.1..

Requirement is when i trigger an Idoc, at the target end at one location some fields of Idoc needs to be dropped as an .txt file and some fields of idoc needs to be dropped as an XML file in the other location of same FTP server.

Eg: If Idoc has 40 fields, in the txt file first 30 fields and in the XML file lat 30 fields needs to be dropped there is no condition checked for dropping the files, when an idoc triggers the contents of IDocs needs to be passed to both text and as well as XML file.

The file names for the both should be dynamically configured.

In ESR: --> Idoc needs to be imported, one data type for text file and another data type for xml file. so 2 data types & 2 message types, 2 services interfaces, one message mapping ( Need to use Multi Mapping), one Operation mapping.

In ID: --> My doubts: How many receiver communication channels are required? As we are using multi mapping i think we need to use only one reciver comm channel ( Correct me if i am wrong).

what are the other configurations required here the receiver system is one so one reciever determination and one interface determination.

Note: File names for both the files ( Text and XML) needs to be dynamically configured.

Suggest me whcih one should be used either Variable substitution or Dynamic UDF..

Your valuable inputs are appreciated..

Thanks,

--Kishore.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one more approach, but you have to define 2 message mappings & hence 2 interface mappings for it.

First mapping for text file and the other would be for xml file.

In interface determination, mention both the interface mappings without any condition.

And yes, you will require 2 communication channel & so 2 receiver agreements as the target files are text and xml.

-Supriya.

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

take a look to this thread

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>As we are using multi mapping i think we need to use only one reciver comm channel ( Correct me if i am wrong).

as you're planning to use IDOC adapter, you know that you cannot use it with multi mapping right ?

not unless you have PI 7.3

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

as you're planning to use IDOC adapter, you know that you cannot use it with multi mapping right ?

Since it is FILE adapter at receiving end (and IDOC as sender) we should be able to perform multi-mapping (1:n). If I am not wrong the restriction is applicable only for receiving adapters....that they should be on JAVA stack....corrections are most welcome

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike & Abhi,

At the target end we are using File Adapter and it basically relies on Java Stack, Since we are using multimapping with out checking any condition both the files needs to be dropped at the target directory,

so as the receiver system is one do we need more than one receiver determination i think it is not required ..

how many Interface determinations are required. (If we use the both message types in single service interface, i belive with one interface determination can we achive this.. else anyone will execute)

Correct me if i am wrong

Thanks,

--Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only 1 receiver determination is sufficient as the target system is single.

In any of the approaches, suggested by Abhishek or me in the above posts, only 1 interfcace determincation is required.

In case of multimapping you have to use Enhanced Interface Determination.

-Supriya.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Example 1 in this document is similar to you requirement:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

And yes you will need only one Receiver and Interface Determination.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

You need to configure two different communication channels i.e one for .txt and other for XML(you need to have PI 7.3).

For the Filename: I wish to go ahead for Dynamic UDF.

Check below blog:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/03/26/dynamic-configuration-vs-variable-substitution--the-ultimate-battle-for-the-file-name

Thanks,