cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i copy only abap repository on double stack.

lucas_chung
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all.

I am wondering about abap stcak copy.

We have double stack (abap+java) with NW2004s.

but we must cpoy only abap stack withou java stack from production to developmen system.

Then i am condering about abap stack export and import.

But i am not sure.

Do you have experience like similar case?

If there is. please let mw know.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lucas,

You can use the system copy method to export ABAP stack only. While exporting the source system using SAPINST which is ABAP+JAVA, you have to export first abap then you have to select java. So if you would like to restore only ABAP stack you can take an export of ABAP stack only using SAPINST and then import it to your ABAP system.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lucas_chung
Explorer
0 Kudos

So sorry.for confusing about my senario.

as following...

production has abap + java stack. (double stack on one system)

development also has abap + java stack. (double stack on one system)

Only abap stack will be exported from production by sapinst.

and the export file will be imported to development system by sapsint without side effect on java stack on devellpment systems.

I asked about it to sap by oss message. but i didn't get any message.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lucas,

In your scenario I fear taking the export of only ABAP stack will work. Better you go for complete export (ABAP + JAVA) and import it to the DEV system.

In your case it's advisable to take an export of both the stack and import it (as earlier stated by Gagan).

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the information you have provided it appears you have a ABAP+Java system.

Your target system (development) is an ABAP+Java system.

As per SAP recommendations you shouldn't do a system copy of only the ABAP part.

You shouldn't exclude the Java part from the system copy.

Regards,

Rohan.

Edited by: ron_t on Sep 27, 2010 7:28 PM

Edited by: ron_t on Sep 27, 2010 7:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ron,

I am curious to look at the SAP recommendation where in it says that the system copy of only ABAP part should not be done and JAVA part should not be excluded from system copy. Can you share the link or any SAP standard note which says the same?

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I am not sure while you will get what are asking for written in SAP NOTE .

But this is very much understood that system copy means copying full system from one system to another , So if it is ABAP+JAVA , consider copying of ABAP and java stack ...Otherwise your lot of scenario will not work in case you are using java in ABAP , easiest example is ADS itself.

If you want to copy only some master and transactional data for ABAP you can go for client copy option.

So we suggest you to follow standard practice for system copy that includes ABAP+JAVA if you have dual stack.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

I am not sure whether Lucas has the requirement of making JAVA to work in ABAP in the target system. His original querry is -

But we must copy only abap stack without java stack from production to development system.

Then I am considering about abap stack export and import.

This is very much possible considering the scenario that the target system will work only with ABAP stack.

Lucas - Can you please clarify the scenario which you want to achieve in the target system.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also copying production to development is something that SAP doesn't recommend really or put it in other words doesn't like too much.

Regards.

Ruchit.