cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wether can invoice have with two different VAT rates, 16%

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDN team,

I have a requirement like a invoice should have two different VAT rates.

Situation is below:

A rebate agreement is created and it was settled partially and final settlement is also carried out.

Rebate agreement nº XXXXXXXX, with a validity period between the 01.05.2010 until 31.07.2010. This rebate agreement created the credit memo XXXXXXXXX with the VAT rate of 18%.

Mean time the VAT rate was changed from 1st July from 16% to 18%.

There are invoice created in the first half and others belonging to the second half. Invoice created during the First Half it was created the VAT value with 16% (Before July)and the Invoice created with the Second Half it was created with 18% (After July1st).

But customer request is to have an invoice with two different VAT rates, 16% and 18%. However, the invoice only takes into account the 18%.

And i have suggested the below resolution - But user still needs to have two different VAT rates in one invoice for the line item this is for the have a legal precept which force me to have a different VAT rates depending on the original invoice date

Please let me advice how to resolve this issue.

Looking forward for your favorable reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Jana

*********************************************************************************************

Suggested Solution:

But having two different VAT rates in one single invoice or credit note is not possible at all.

Further if you would liked to have different VAT rates for the two separate ivoices - This can be done by doing the Rebate agreement with partial settlement for the First half that is before 30.06.2010 and final settlement after 01.07.2010. By doing this rebate agreement will have two different invoices created with two different VAT rates. But now this is not possible for the RA where it is done with final settlement.

So, You can not have two different VAT rate in one single invoice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Mean time the VAT rate was changed from 
    1st July from 16% to 18%.

customer request is to have an invoice with 
    two different VAT rates, 16% and 18%.

Go to VF04 where you can see a tab "Default Data". There maintain a date in "Service Rendered Date" and execute. If you maintain a date prior to July, the document will have 16% and if you maintain date after July, it will have 18%. This is based on the assumption that in copy control VTFL, you have pricing type as "G"

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your information. this issue is resolved. and also thanks for your information.

Thanks and Regards,

Jana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

In order to solve this issue with wrong VAt rates I propose you to proceed as follow:

1) Cancel the CN (Credit Note)

2) In the CMR (Credit Memo Request) set the tax classification of the materials with wrong VAT % to 0 (inside the CMR in item-billing document).

3) Maintain for the access sequence of MWST a higher access than the normal one for tax classification 0 with the old tax percentage (E.g.: 16% in your case)

4) Determine a new pricing for the CMR (via menu path: Edit > New pricing document)

At this stage your items will have some 18% and some 16% of VAT. When you create the CN those percentages will be kept.

If you are satisfied with the result it is now a matter of making sure the program that prints your invoice is mentioning the different VAT rates of the items. As you didn't specify anything about this point, I seize the opportunity to advice you about. No matter of the type of print program you are using (SAP script, PDF or Smartforms), you need TO BE SURE that when the CN is created (with two different types of VAT %) also your PRINTOUT is properly created mentioning the two different rates and relative values.

If not printed correctly because you did not foresee to have different percentages it is easy to solve it with a programmer.

In case of questions or doubts do not hesitate to post back your answer.

Regards,