cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to capture the numbers

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

My User need to sell gift voucher to corporate customer.Each voucher has a serial number on it which needs to be tracked (required legally for tax submission).

The User is required to sell 5 different types of GV.Each used a different article number.

User now want to key in the number. These number are not in sequence. It could also be of different number range.

How can User keep track of these numbers in VA01?

Thanks in advance

Bye

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If each voucher is defined as a material/article and for each such line item, you want to maintain the voucher numbers, it can very well be handled using the fields available in Additional Data1 and 2 of the line items. You can manually enter the values in these fields in the sales order for each item and carry it forward.

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

The additional data1 had been used.However, the Additional data 2 tab is not used at all. It is BLANK.

How can I configured to accept thise voucher number in this tab in VA01?

Is there a way to configure it thru SPRO?

I cannot find the location to configure it, unlike the MM module.

Can you guide me on the steps?

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

As already mentioned, you can use Serial numbers also. On the perspective, it will be better if you provide us the following information.

1. Is the voucher number going to be a range , or can it be just individual numbers

2. How many such voucher numbers or ranges are possible for every material (line item)

3. What is the quantity entered in the line item. Will it be 1 per voucher number, or 1 per voucher book

4. If it is 1 per voucher book, how many voucher numbers are there in a book

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The voucher is issued at line item level.

1 GV line item can contained a combination of GV numbers.

It could be

a. single GV or multiple GV number

b. a single GV number block or multiple GV number block.

For example,

GV$10 - qty 100

number ranges could be 9001-9050, 9100-9145, 9255, 9720, 9801, 9888, 9902.

This depends on the balance GV available from the booklet.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

That makes the design difficult.

You can use the serial numbers if you clearly know the number ranges.

When the number ranges are mixed up, I dont know whether serial number profile will help you or not.

If you have decided on using the Additional data fields, y ou can decide on one of the fields and you have to enforce these process controls in place to have this functionality foolproof.

1. For each line item, you can only use either a range or a single number. You cannot put comma to separate different numbers. If you do that, it will become difficult to extract the data in case you are interested in making a report.

2.If you give vouchers from two books, they should be entered as two different line item (may be even with the same material). For each item, you can enter either one single voucher number or a range of voucher numbers. You cannot enter both for a single line item.

3. Even though the material is same, you can differentiate the voucher book of each voucher number by concatening the voucher book number and the voucher serial number to find out the voucher book number also in case you want to find at later point of time.

Let me know if there are any concerns there.

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The serial number must be external assigned number.

In the SO, there would not be any validation as there would not be a master file for it.

What I need to a place to allow User to enter the number related to the line item

Preferably, it could be a table for entry.

Otherwise, multiple single number or number ranges separated by delimters or identifiers.

Any suggestion and how to make use of the additional data 2 which is currently blank.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

Like Chandra explained Serial number functionality well suits your requirement.

Thank you

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colin

Why don't you use Serial Number functionality itself. If you a set up a Serial Number profile (T code OIS2) and in that for procedure SDAU, enter serial Number usage as obligatory (01) and Equipment usage as Not required (010. Users can then enter the serial numbers with any combination of numbers and letters in the Sales order.

Hope this helps.

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

I had set it up as mentioned. However, I am not able to get it logged in the sales order entry.

How can I configure such that sales order is able to capture these multiple numbers?

Thanks