Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releasing the Demand Plan to SNP

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dears,

I need more illustration when you using Transaction Code /SAPAPO/MC90 to release demand to SNP

APO Help Say :-

"independent requirements is not restricted to planning in SCM SNP. Planned independent requirements within the production horizon are planned in production planning and detailed scheduling in SCM PP/DS."

What he means by data will be available n PP/DS?

Did APO System Generate Capacity Requirement? is that what he means ?

Regards

Rami

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rami

There are two horizons in the product master - SNP production horizon and SNP stock transfer horizon. In your company if you are using both SNP and PP/DS then after the forecast is released to SNP, you will execute SNP and then for the short term you will execute PP/DS.

In such a scenario (where SNP is used for mid term planning and pp/ds for the short term) , you need to maintain the SNP production horizon (in case of inhouse production) and stock trans horizon(for external procurement / branch to branch transfers) to define the boundary between sNP and PP/Ds. that is you need to specify till what day /week /month you need PP/DDS plan and for what time frame you need SNP plan. The SNP production / stk trans horizon is the horizon during which SNP will not generate any plan. That is if your stk trans horizon is say 10 days , then SNP will not genearate any supply within this 10 days even if there is demand . Supply will be generated for the next 10 days only by PP/DS. SNP will generate supply only outside the production /stock transfer horizon.

As specified by SAP , your planned independent requirement is thus not restricted to SNP. That is if the demand is within the prod / stk trans horizon it is fulfilled by the pp/ds run and demands outside the horizon are planned by sNP

Thanks

Saradha

Edited by: Saradha Ramesh on Sep 27, 2010 4:13 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear

Many people have explained technically. Practically see the example below

Our forecast horizon is 120 days. i.e. When I plan in Jan 2011, Feb, march, April, May forecast will be entered by sales in DP

The data will be transfer to SNP (120 days data SNP horizon) as independent requirement and production and STO qty is planned in SNP.

Then for Feb data (production planning horizon) is transfer to PPDS for further processing for finite scheduling to get the correct capacity evaluation and exact dates of production start and end.

Hope this will help to understand the issue from practical point of view,

Raj,

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Many Thanks for your Explanation. I really Appreciate your Effort

Please if you can Help me for how i can test this scenario in APO System , in othe meaning how i Differentiate between this way /SAPAPO/MC90 and the other way through Background job

Kindlly Regards

Rami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

With Transaction Code /SAPAPO/MC90 to release demand to SNP, you can release the FCST from from APO DP to SNP for planning. You can execute the plan either SNP heuristic , CTM or optimizer.

As out put of SNP planning can be use as a basis for making sourcing, deployment, and transportation decisions. So this is rough cut mid-term or long term capacity planning. In APO , we can also do the rough cut capacity planning The actual production is then planned in PP/DS.

I hope this help you to clear your doubt

Amol