cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order creation with (Auto) refernece to Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need your help and advice. I have configured the settings for contract referencing when sales order is created.

so whenever there are multiple contracts available for a customer/material then the system shows a list of available contracts.

also when there is only one contract available for a customer/material the system still shows a popup. what I want to do is that in case there is only one contract available then no message should be displayed.

Can you pl advice which user-exit or parameter can I use to control this.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny

This can be resolved with config.

In the definition of Sales document for the order (target), set the field 'Outline agrmt mess.' with the value 'C' ( check at header level and copy if unique) or 'D' (check at item level and copy if unique) depending on your situation This field is in the window 'Transaction Flow;.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

Basically I want to achieve the contract referencing internally without the user being bothered to look at the contract qty's and then enter against them.

With Outline Agreement Message Option type "D", no Popup is displayed which is ok, but the contract qty's are copied directly into the order. I want to control this, do you know which user-exit can I use to control the copying of contract qty's into the order.

Basically what I want is that the moment user enters the material a reference is made to a contract (this happens auto with customizing settings). At this stage I do not want to copy contract qty's into order instead only when user enters some units only then it should make reference to contract. and No contract units should get copied into order lines as this is a lot of work for users to go-thru all the lines and remove the ones which they do not need.

You have any suggestions for this.

thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did not quite get what you mean by ' when user enters some units only then it should make reference to contract". Appears like you want the reference but don't want it at the same time.

and

No contract units should get copied into order lines- do you mean order should not copy the UOMs for item quantities or that order should not copy every one of the items from the contract.

Any ways here are the areas where you can try:

1) Copy control: Item level: (VTAA) : a) Data Routine- change it to not copy the quantity from contract. b) Pos/Neg Quantity, c) Copy quantity fields.

2) Completion rule in item category

3) User exits:

MV45AFZB- USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP

MV45AFZZ - USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

That is correct, I want the reference but not at the same time. Basically user should be completely transparent to the referencing taking place for an order item.

and

yes no contract units should be copied into the sales order. Order should not copy every one of the items from the contract. Yet when the user enters the material no it should internally update the reference document fields with appropriate contract no.

There is always one contract per customer in the system.

Thanks for the valuable information, I will have a look at it.

Kind Regards