cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebates Monthly settlement, Partial, Reversal !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I have a situation:

I need create rebate for some customers which is a fixed percentage (letu2019s say 20%). However I will settle the rebates monthly, partially and manually. In case I settle only 17% based on the actual, I want the reversal of the remaining 3% to happen, however the reversal needs to be only what was accrued for a particular month. Let say there was a transaction of $300 for the month of September and based on 20% rebates $60 is accrued. I do the partial manual settlement by 10th of October for 17% which is $51, I want only $9 accrual to be reversed. If there was a transaction of another $200 between 1st and 10th of October, this should be treated as a new rebate period and this should not be affected, even though I settle the rebates for Septeber only by 10th of October, till I do the manual settlement for the month of October. So how should I configure the rebate condition types/groups and rebate agreement? Can you please assist? Thanks a lot.

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I can well understand that you want to reverse the accruals before the month end closing but this whole thing is very hard to manage in SAP. Anyway maybe you can try these steps.

1. Initially create the rebate agreement for one month based on month end closing calendar

2. Accrue as per your conditions.

3. On the 10th of next month settle the previous rebate agreement for the desired accrual amount.

4. Do the final settlement for 0 amount so that remaining accruals are reversed.

5. Go to VBO1 and click on create with reference, enter the old agreement number and the new validity period.

6. Run VBOF for the first 10 days of accrual.

Thanks

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indranil,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. Looks like it will solve my issue.

Just one query. Any specific reason that mentioned about running VF04 for updating the next 10 days. Is that not part of next or the new rebate extended from referencing the new one. Thanks a lot.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

I told you to run VBOF for the second rebate agreement created because I thought that you would create the new rebate after settlement that is on the 10th working day with validity from 1st to the 30th or 31st.

Thanks

Indranil