cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Http url

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I sending data using HTTP adapter in my url there is one property called id number that id number has to change dynamically in incremental wise .

Eg:first time I am sending data if id number is 100 next time while sending another shuold become 101

How to increment my id number dynamicaly in my url .

Plz help me.

Thanks in Advance to all the experts.

Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I think we can use ASMA properties for this. Check the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/64db4daf9f30b4e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Thanks

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Store the original ID in some table in the backend (SAP system), or in DB (not of PI).

Now during runtime make a lookup to this table/ DB and get the ID.....increment it and use it to define your URL....using mapping

Eg:first time I am sending data if id number is 100 next time while sending another shuold become 101

With the above method you should store the ID as 99 in the table/ DB.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salvi,

I am mapping Id to student id, while testing in mapping what value iam passing its coming if iam not passing its giving empty tag but i have to get that incremental.What to do in this case.

Regards,

Prasad.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP PI will not store the value....so you have to store the value in some table.

Now when you are executing the scenario you can make a lookup to this table and get the value. *at the same time you also

should ensure that the value in the table is incremented.*

What all systems do you have in the ladscape? If you have a SAP system, then you can ask the ABAP developer to store this value in some table for you....then you can do a RFC lookup to get this value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cant we handle in mapping by UDF

Edited by: Prasad on Sep 27, 2010 2:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Cant we handle in mapping by UDF

No, since PI cannot keep/store the data after the scenario has been executed therefore you need to store the counter in ABAP table (as suggested by Abhishek) and then fetch it from there by using Lookup function.