cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include word file to AIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've the following requirement. The end user can upload a ms-word file. Now I've to put the content of the word file in a reserved space in a adobe form.

My question is: is this possible?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is no functionality in Adobe forms to be able to dynamically embed word within it. You would have to extract the text content out of the word document first, within Web Dynpro. You should search the forums on that topic as it has been discussed before (very recently in fact). The summary - it isn't going to be easy to do. If you use the legacy binary word format (DOC) it really isn't possible to read the content within Web Dynpro. If you are using the DOCX (XML based format in Word 2007 and higher), then the file content is XML. This is a little easier to read because you can at least get the XML content in ABAP. However then you still have to parse the XML and remove the formatting - no small task. You could rquire the word document is saved in some text only format, but this will require a manual step on the users part before they even upload the document to Web Dynpro ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

Thanks for your reply, I already found some threads about extracting the content from word. Mostly replied by you. I just figured if it was possible to embed word, it would be much easier.

I will give it a go with the extracting. Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

John