cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I completed one exercise as File Sender to IDOC. After completing this one they asked me to check as monitoring in transaction SXMB_MONI.There i got struggled as i didn't get any output. When i execute that processed for XML messages no messages avialable.

What is the problem with me and should i start message befor that starting program. Give me some brief details with exercise. If u have any documentation also froward to me.

Regards

Krish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Is file is picked up ?

2) Go to RuntimeWorkbench(RWB)->Adapter Monitoring->File->Communication channel and check the status

3) If above is success, go to RWB->Message Monitoring ->Audit Log and check the status.

4) GO and change the Trace level in the SXMB_ADM. For this refer this-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/10/xi-i-cannot-see-some-of-my-messages-in-the-sxmbmoni

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for ur qiuck reply. I think i did some wrong configure in Integration Directory. In communication channel as file sys acess parameter i was given some wrong address. what is the exact source directory? then i can proceed whatever u gave me in thread.

Regards.

Krish.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Source directoy is the directory where your file is located. You need to give entire path

For more~

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Problems can be manifold here. The flow of messages would be in the following steps:

1. Sender Adapter

2. Receiver identification

3. Interface Determination

4. Receiver Grouping

5. Message Split

6. Message Mapping

7. Technical Routing

8. Call Adapter

9. Receiver Adapter

Step 1 and 9 are debugged outside <b>SXMB_MONI</b>. SXMB_MONI is used to debug steps 2 to 8. Incase you are facing the problem of not being able to see the message in SXMB_MONI at all, the following can be the cause of poblem.

1. The message has <b>failed in the sender adapter</b>. You can check this out using <b>RunTime WorkBench</b> > Component Monitoring > Display all > Chick on Adapter Engine (Wait) > Click on Adapter monitoring button > Click on File Adapter (which is your sender adapter) (Wait again) > In the list that appears select your communication channel and see the message associated with it. If the message talks of an error, you have got the problem. If the message is a successful message, it ought to enter the XI space and can be tracked by SXMB_MONI

2. Either you have entered the sender/ receiver data wrong. Please check this from the communication channel configuration. Another good practise is that the from <b>date</b> should be much back dated (even dating back to a month wouldnt do any harm). Check the to and from dates.

Let me know if this solves the issue.

Regards,

<b>KN</b>