cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablespace showing autoextend no in new db02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i go to the new db02 i can see the tablespace as autoextend as no.But when i check the datafiles they are all set to yes.I cannot understand the confusion.DB02old looks good it shows the exact thing,whereas db02 new there is some issue with the view.Please correct me if i am wrong.Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The "new DB02" (aka DBACOCKPIT) updates the information once a day.

Make sure your collectors jobs are running.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks a ton for the reply.Would the collector jobs would be running in 000 or else daily usage client.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Is this a bug where the tablespace shows as autoextend no even though the data files are auto extend on in dbacockpit.Thanks.

former_member199632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If all the datafiles reached to its maxsize , then the relevant Tablespace will show NO to autoextened.

You may see this thread;

[|]

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply as i said earlier there are conflicting screens for the new new db02 and the old.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

This is not a bug. The reason for the conflict could be because all the datafiles might have reached the maxsize. Check the size of all the datafiles, if the sizes are same as that of the maxsize then ur tablespace will show "No" to autoextend.

You can test this by adding a new datafile of size smaller than maxsize with Autoextend "ON" to the tablespace and then refresh the DB02 display. After doing the above procedure, u can see the tablespace changed to Autoextendible "YES".

The same issue has been discussed in other threads too,

[|]

[|]

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varadhu,

Thanks for the clarification.But my question was why are there conflicting screens in db02old and db02.Thanks.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

these transactions work differently. that's all.

DB02 is mapped to transaction DBACOCKPIT

DB02OLD is the old DB02 transaction we used to use over 2 years ago.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric.

Answers (0)