Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning logical system to a client in CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have got a doubt in the basic configuration in the setup of CUA.

I have performed all the steps that is given in the CUA cook book.

In, assiging the logical system to a client, whether this step shoud be done only in the central system alone.

Or the assignment should be done in the child system also.

When i created the all the steps in central system, logical system is created automatically in child system. but in the client assignment i didn't find information. in cookbook also they have do it in all the SAP system.

kindly advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Subhashini.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bernhard and Dipanjan for your replies.

I could able to get a clear information.

So creating clients in Central system is enough for the child system. Since there is noe transfer of user master from child to central system no need to create a client for the logical system.

Kindly let me know if my understanding is correct.

Thanks and Regards,

Subhashini.

8 REPLIES 8

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to define the logical system name in each system, which is connected to the CUA.

Of course if you attach only a different client of the same system, the configuraiton of the logical system name is available also in that child, as the log.system name is a cross client setting. Just have a look at table T000.

b.rgds, Bernhard

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logical system name basically represents the identity of the Partner system names in the ALE env. to it's Central system logically - you can say in simple term.

Also when you administer the Users from the central system then the identities based on Address data and Authorization data get transferred against the Logical system name of the satellite system. And as we know the user master data is Client dependent so the Logical system name of each system should be mapped with one Client - hope this is clear theoritically as well as practically.

So the identity of each SAP system (from Client of View) has to be defined as a Logical system mapped with a client in the Client itself. The extra work required is to define the identity of all the Child systems in the Central system so that when you manage a user id from the Central system it can identify the name of the child where the data need to be transferred.

Let us know if you have any doubt.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could able to get a clear information.

So creating clients in Central system is enough for the child system. Since there is noe transfer of user master from child to central system no need to create a client for the logical system.

Kindly let me know if my understanding is correct.

Thanks and Regards,

Subhashini.

0 Kudos

> So creating clients in Central system is enough for the child system. Since there is noe transfer of user master from child to central system no need to create a client for the logical system.

Hello Subashini,

no, in the child systems, you need to create the master system as well.

Please read the last paragraph of page http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/aa/b4b13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

(but also the other pragraphs and pages of that section may be interesting for you, not only the last one)

b.rgds, Bernhard

Edited by: Bernhard Hochreiter on Sep 27, 2010 2:25 PM

0 Kudos

>

> So creating clients in Central system is enough for the child system.

The term you used "Creating Client" is technically wrong in this regard. You already have a client which is in use as Central system - right? You need to maintain the details of Logical system names of all the Child system in Central system to keep the central system updated with the knowledge of type and name of the Child systems it has. This definition can be done by using TCode BD54 which is table maintenance view ( V_TBDLS ) of the table TBDLS.

There is nothing to do or even can be done like Creating Client within a client (here your central system).

> Since there is noe transfer of user master from child to central system no need to create a client for the logical system.

>

Its true that there will no transfer of user master from child to central system. But of course the similarly here you are not creating any client within the child system. You are just creating the logical system name (tcode BD54) for this client (child system) and mapping it with the client in tcode SCC4.

Let us know your question. Also as suggested by Barnherd, please go through the SAP Help documentation on CUA. Also try to get an overview of Client in SAP (from SAP Help or SAP course ADM100) and Logical Systems.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delayed response.

Creating a logical system I am very much clear on that part.

MY doubt is in the assignment of Logical system to a Client.

E.g

I have CUACLNT400--->in SCC4 of CUA system I have clients related to it.

Since one client can be assigned with only one logical system, I have created a new entry for assgning my child logical system.

My doubt is should have to make the same setting(assignmet of logical system in my child system also).

Then another doubt is,

what if i have more 15 clients altogether in ym CUA landscape....15 client and assignment has to be made or what?

Kindly advice if i am wrong in my understanding.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

0 Kudos

Hello Subhashini.,

For all the child systems you need to connect them in your CUA model from your CUA system and after you have completed successful backward migration you child systems are ready for use as CUA systems .

For disconnection you can do it from CUA system and child system as well

Thanks

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the inconvenience....

My understanding was wrong.....

it is for the respective Clients...we have to assign the logical system.....

As dipanjan was mentioning, I misunderstood that we need to create client.....

Thanks for your inputs,.......I am closing the thread..

Thanks,

Subhashini.