Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with Microsoft project

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to create a ECC project from MSP(using OPENPS). However one of the field in SAP is mandatory at project definition(ex Company code). But I cant see the same field in MSP hence system does not create any project and showing a message enter the Company Code.

I created a column in microsoft project as "Company code" but it did'nt work. Please suggest how to create project in this case.

Thanks & Regards

Aby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read OPENPS Help. Its all there in help, all expects are covered there.

Regards,

Harsh.

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish, Thanks for prompt reply. I've gone thru the OPENPS help but its not clear abt how to map company code and Business area in microsoft project. Please shed some lights on this !!

Thanks & Regards,

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can enter Project profile and other fields in the upload project wizard when you click on upload button.

Try uploading a test project once, you will know.

Regards,

Harsh

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish, I've uploaded few projects but it doesn't ask for Business area or Controlling area while creating a project. Moreover as per OPENPS help these two fields are not mapped in standard MSP. Is there any way out to map these fields, such that Controlling area or Business area can be passed from Microsoft project to SAP Project.

Thanks & Reagards,

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These fields are mapped by the project profile you enter.

Regards,

Harsh.

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

We are using one project profile across the globe and Company code is different as per the countries. Company Code is a manadatory field at project definition. How to proceed in this situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OPENPS can not handle different company codes. It takes company code mentioned in the project profile.

You can try different project profiles for each company code.

You can also make the company code field as input field and then make changes manually after uploading from OPENPS. Can make a BDC or LSMW for this also.

Try MPS tool, but it is not free tool, it works on top of OPENPS so you still need OPENPS installed on your system but MPS gives many more options to work with; download its free version and test if it can fulfill your requirement.

[http://www.mpshp.com/]

Regards,

Harsh.