cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expre Document "update was terminated" received from author "XYZ user".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am an abaper.

Our functional perople have created an output type and configured to the transaction VA02 transaction.

and Now they ,in VA02 transaction, clicking on the button Clicking on 'Document Header details' button they are chaning the purchase order type in Order data tab .

and in menu they are selecting Extras->output->Edit,now they are taken to Messages screen.

there they click on further data button,and change the Dispatch time 4 Send immediately( When saving the application ).

they come back and save.

In VA02 transaction when they are opening the same document ,I am getting Termination pop saying,

Expre Document "update was terminated" received from author "XYZ user". when I enter in The changes Which I made to Purchase order type are nto saved.

please let me know, what could be reason for getting the error.

Do the functional people need to make any configurations?

Please help me.

Regards,

Xavier.P

Edited by: Xavier on Sep 27, 2010 10:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moderator message - Cross post locked Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

this might possibly because of the issues with the output types, as a check remove the output type from the document & understand if the updation is proper, if so key in the output type & check if the termination error occurs, if so check with the technical team with regard to forms/ smart forms.

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please Check the details in SM13 transaction.

You can check reason for update termination in SM13.

1) During Year Transition,

such customization about Number range intervals are very much sensitive and due to this

they can create small problems (as u are facing) Also tell the meaning of the error description

about duplicate record, then probably he will understand better.

2) Typical update terminations happen due incorrect coding in user exits that are called in update tasks.

Do you have any code in the FORM SAVE_DOCUMENT of MV45AFZZ? If so, what code do you have

there? In an update task, you cannot have any code that will issue a commit or call transaction or a

message or a call screen...

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

In SM13,I see the Error Text as 'CLOSE_FORM is invalid, OPEN_FORM is missing'.

When I put the break point in my print program,It does not stop in my Print program.

But in print program,both Close_form and open_form are there.

Regards,

Xavier.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto SM13 for further investigation on the root cause, then only any1 can able to tell you what can be solution