Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM - using keywords in a lookup table, refered in a tuple

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MDM 7.1 SP05 Patch11.

In my repository, the main table refers to a tuple (Contracts data) which contains a field on lookup on another table (Contracts table).

Main table

Material number [DF]

Description **

Contract data >>> Tuple Contracts data

Tuple Contracts data

Contract number [DF] ** >>> Lookup table Contracts

Lookup table Contracts

Contract number [DF]

Contract description **

• keywords enabled

If I enable the keyword characteristics for fields contained in the Main table or directly in the tuple, the keywords search works fine. But if the keyword characteristics is enabled for a field in the lookup table Contracts, the keywords search does not work.

As I think it worked with MDM 7.1 SP04, do you know if I need to set another parameter with SP05 ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you make a field in a lookuptable keyword enable then that works when you make the lookuptable as current table.

If any field of lookup table is keyword enable then that is for that table search not the maintable search.

If you want to search on main table then you have to make field keyword search enabled that is lookup to that lookup table .

In tuple case ,tuple is just a structure that are resuesd in severall tables and each tuple record is stored with in the record and not shared any info between the records.

You can treat as maintable field that conatins complex structure instead of simple text or integer field .So by making it

keyord search enabled it can search like any normal field/

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi C,

As I think it worked with MDM 7.1 SP04, do you know if I need to set another parameter with SP05 ?

I think yes, make sure that a field ( Contract data ) in main table which is look up to "Tuple Contracts data" has its field Property Keyword = Stemmer not None in MDM Console. Also in Tuple table "Tuple Contracts data" Contract number DF which is look up to "Lookup table Contracts" has its field property as Keyword = Stemmer not None.

Just set these field properties as suggested above in MDM console and revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

I have set the keywords properties as you suggested, and also on the field Contract description located in the lookup table.

The search by keywords on the Contract number does work from the Main table but not on the field Contract description, which is another field of the lookup table Contracts (a text, and not a display field).

For your information, in the lookup table Contracts, the search by keywords on the field Contract description does work.

Thanks for your kind help !

Regards,

Catherine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine,

The search by keywords on the Contract number does work from the Main table but not on the field Contract description

I do understand your requirement, If you want to activate Keyword Search for Contract description from Main table then you have to make this field as Display field. Because when a field from main table is look-up to sub table then only display field is visible in main table. As now your Contract Description field is not Display field so you are not able to do keyword search on it. So i would suggest make Contract description as Display field rather than Contract number in lookup table Contracts which will solve your keyword search for Contract description from main table.

If you want any further input please revert.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (0)