cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data object node attributes don't filled with value during backend load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm fighting with a strange behavior of back end data load. In my scenario (MI 7.1 SP10) I have one data object (DO) which represents purchase orders, with their headers and relative items. This DO has a back end adapter with call two bapi wrappers one for getting PO headers list and one for getting PO items details. This DO works fine till now, except for the fact that I have added two new attributes to PO header's node. Of course I have updated the function modules (FM) called by the back end adapter in order to extract also these new attributes values (one attribute is the vendor name and the other is PO item's plant).

If I run the FM directly into my back end system this extract these new data, afterwards I have cleaned up all middleware data just to start from a clean situation. As next step I ran a back end data load and I saw that the table which stores PO headers is filled of values except for the new two attributes.

I checked also, using the back end adapter mapping tool, if all mapping are ok and seems that also the new two attributes are mapped.

So at this point I'm not able to explain why these two new attributes are not filled with values, seems that mappings don't work for them.

What do you think? have you ever experienced this issue?

As usual any help is appreciated.

Many thanks

BR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AnanthNatarajan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi BR,

Go to your Backend Adapter & click on Adjust adapter & Data Object (from the application tool bar) & then give a try.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Ananth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi BR,

>

> Go to your Backend Adapter & click on Adjust adapter & Data Object (from the application tool bar) & then give a try.

> Hope it helps you.

>

> Regards,

> Ananth.

Hi Ananth,

I did what you suggested entering into edit mode of my DO and pressing on Adjust Adapter and Data Object button, a message is saying that there non differences b/w DO and bapi wrapper structures

do you have any hint?

thanks

BR

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can also check out whatu2019s going wrong with the backend load in NWMA portal under

Monitoring>>Process monitoring , with process type as u201CBackend Loadsu201D.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> HI,

>

> You can also check out whatu2019s going wrong with the backend load in NWMA portal under

> Monitoring>>Process monitoring , with process type as u201CBackend Loadsu201D.

>

>

> Regards,

> Sachin

Hi Sachin,

I checked what you're saing, but I'm not able to find any navigation link in my NWMA portal under monitoring with label "Process Monitoring". My only chooses are:

-Client Communication Session Monitoring

-Device Logs Monitoring

-Message Monitoring

-Logs and Traces

-Queue Tracking

-Delta Generation Monitoring

do I have done anything wrong?

thanks for your help

BR

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If "Process Monitoring" is missing, please check for the logs under "Logs and Traces >> Backend Integration".

The logs might have a clue to whats going wrong with the load.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> If "Process Monitoring" is missing, please check for the logs under "Logs and Traces >> Backend Integration".

>

> The logs might have a clue to whats going wrong with the load.

>

> Regards,

> Sachin

Hi Sachin,

I check log cathegory BE Integration as you suggested, according my DO I can see that an Intial Download was run according the new data load I have performed, as described in my previous messages. This log reports 171 INSERTS operation, corresponding of my 171 purchase orders and is reported that the operation is ended with success.

So apparently all works fine, but the new attributes' values are not transfered

Any hints?

thanks again

BR

Roberto

rohith_deraje
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

The preffered way is to modify the BAPIs and use "Adjust adapter" to update DO and Backend adapter..

Please try the following.

-- Check "GETDETAIL" BAPI returns data for all the fields (Including your additional two fields)

-- Check that additional fields are marked as Backend Fields in the DO node.

-- Check Mapping exists for these two fields in adapter.

-- Regenerate the DO.

-- Regenerate the adapter.

-- Trigger Load. ( Check in monitoring that it is completed successfully).

If this does not work please raise a OSS ticket.

Rgards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I replicated your scenario at my end and its working fine.

I suggest you to raise a OSS ticket.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith and Sachin,

I applied your suggestions, but nothing happened. I asked to upgrade mobile server to the last patch level, hope this help.

In the worst case I'll raise an OSS message

Thanks again

BR

Roberto

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Just a give a shot as follows:

1. Edit the BE Adapter->Go to mappings tab.

2. Remove the mappings for the new fields.

3. Save the adapter and activate it.

4. Again Edit it -> Go to mappings

5. Do a mnaul mapping of the new fields with DO fields.

6. Save and activate.

If you have any met data issues they may get solved by this.

Good Luck.

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

thanks for your suggestion, but nothing happened.

At the end of the day I manage this issue at application side, implementing a WD application which is able to extraxt the needed attributes' data via its business logic. Of course this downgrade the application's performances but its the only workaroud I found right now.

Thanks to all of you have contributed with some hints

BR

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have faced similar issue once. That time for some reason few methods of the backend adaptor class were not getting regenerated to reflect the change in attribute mapping. Finally i manually deleted the generated backend adaptor class and regenerated the backend adaptor to recreate the same class.

regards

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

thanks a lot for your suggestion, just one question, since I don't know very well the ABAP world, how do I manually delet the generated backend adaptor class?

thanks again

BR

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

The generated adaptor class name can be found in DOE workbench itself.You can then delete the class in transaction SE24.

Edited by: Pradeep Kumar Warrier on Sep 29, 2010 12:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to confirm...have you marked the two attributes as backend fields.

and also after the changes, have you generated the DO?

please check.

Thanks & Regards

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

i verified and I have marked the field BE Field for both of them. I have also generated again my DO. Afterwards I have cleaned up all my DO data (SDOE_CLEANUP) and restarted an initial download from transaction SDOE_LOAD. I check the ABAP table related to my modified DO and the columns of my new two attributes are still empty.

Do I have done the right procedure?

Many thanks

BR

Roberto