cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONVT_NO_DATETIME error

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a file to Proxy scenario.

The PI folks are sending DATE_TIME(only date value i.e yyyymmdd) to BI system.

We have a function module in BI system for the date_time field as DATS(8 char in lenght).

The data is sucessfully reaching BI however with the following error.

<SAP:P4>XML Bytepos.: 172 XML Path: ns:MT_TrafficCounts(1)TrafficCounts_Details(1)DATE_TIME(1) Error Text: Value 2010-09-27 is not a valid date with time in accordance with the XML format for ABAP Kernel ErrorId: CONVT_NO_DATETIME</SAP:P4>

<SAP:AdditionalText />.

Kindly let me know what needs to be done to overcome this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Vish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

PI send the field values in string format....

you will need to convert the corresponding STRING into DATE type in the proxy .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the PI folks are sending it has a date format only(yyyymmdd) and not as a string.So I don't think a conversion here is required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesn't matter as the date will automatically get converted to a string.I don't think that is an issue.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> The PI folks are sending DATE_TIME(only date value i.e. yyyymmdd) to BI system.

You requirement is as mentioned above i.e. yyyyMMdd

but in source the date is coming in format yyyy-MM-dd as shown below

> Error Text: Value 2010-09-27 is not a valid date

Make sure source system is send the date in correct format otherwise use "DateTrans" std. function in PI to first convert the date from yyyy-MM-dd to yyyyMMdd format.

>We have a function module in BI system for the date_time field as DATS(8 char in lenght).

Infact rather sending the date as yyyyMMdd to BI you change it in PI itself into 8 char length format by using DateTrans function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PI follks are indeed sending only yyyymmdd and inspite of this,it is failing in BI with the error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the PI folks are sending it has a date format only(yyyymmdd) and not as a string.So I don't think a conversion here is required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath,

Are u sure that PI is sending Date format..... Because if they are using Date functions then by default the o/p value is String.

In inbound interface to Proxy , check the message type and the type of the Date field u r referring... is it by default String or Date format. If Date format vtz the frmat mentioned...

Else ask the PI guys to check the field ns:MT_TrafficCounts(1)TrafficCounts_Details(1)DATE_TIME(1) in

RWB>CC Monitoring>Payload

Babu

Edited by: hlbabu123 on Sep 27, 2010 3:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are sure that the PI system is sending the date in correct format then debugg your proxy and see if the date format has been changed there. Check both the variables (source and target variables) in proxy.

Most probably I can assume that the data type of your date variable in proxy is converting the date into yyyy-mm-dd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue was the data type in PI was mapped to Date and was changed to string however the proxy was not regenerated.

Regenerated the proxy and it is working fine.

Thanks all for your help.

Regards,

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a function module in BI system for the date_time field as DATS(8 char in lenght). The field length is 8 char, but the value in Error text is 2010-09-27, it means the length is 10 char.

Ask your PI team to check & change date format, that is they are sending as yyyy-mm-dd.., it should be yyyymmdd..,

Cheers

Veera