cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retro-Active Billing - Config. Guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

New pricing that we make with our customers may affect billing documents that have already been processed and settled. If a new pricing is effective before the pricing date of the billing documents,

How can we perform retroactive billing to call up a list of these documents and reevaluate them with the new price.

Can anyone Please guide regarding How to create additional billing documents to settle any differences.

Config. note will be very much helpful in this case.

Regards,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

---

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search the forum before asking any repeated questions. Check this thread

[Re: Retro Billing - Normal Sales Process |]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi ji,

what Prerequisites should i have Like 1.) Doc type..2.) How i pick Billing List 3.) which price i have to maintain in VK11 price diff. , or Total new Price.

I'm in Steel Industry and we have this kind of scenarios where we have to increase price in the middle of the Financial Year and will apply on the complete financial year.

Please guide more on how to create retro billing.

Thanks

Gaurav

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a) Order Type => DR for Debit Memo Request and CR for Credit Memo Request

b) Item Category => G2N for Credit and L2N for Debit

c) Billing Type => G2 for Credit and L2 for Debit

we have to increase price in the middle of the Financial Year

Here you know from what date, you have to raise debit note. So you have to take a list of all F2 billing documents generated from that period and do retro as explained in my link

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav,

Please refer to my reponse to other thread which Lakshmi mentioned for complete details

You need to have

billing copy controls

F2 ->G2

F2 -> L2

Order Reasons

you must maintain the 'use of order reason for retro-billing' in Order reasons config for this to work properly

PDIF

Condition Type PDIF must be included in your pricing procedure which would enable calculation of differences in prices and hence creation of Cr/Dr memos with right amount

Let me explain using a very simple example:

You sell 10 units of a material A for $100 per unit - Amount $1000

Invoice is sent to customer for $1000 on say Sep 20, 2010

Now due to price negotiations price may change to $90 w.e.f Sep 01, 2010 , Thus you will update your price conditions in VK12 for this material/customer to $90 with validity from Sep 01, 2010. But as you have already invoiced the customer in past so to take care of the extra billing . You will execute retrobilling process.

You will go to VFRB and enter the selection criteria for the material and suitable dates, system will provide you the list of candidate invoices to which this price reduction is applicable and hence you can simulate or even execute retrobilling after providing Cr/Dr memo type and order reason. These documents will get attached to the original invoice

Also there is no need to maintain any price difference in VK11. You just need to change prices in VK12 for the materials with an effective date in past. when you run VFRB, and given proper date selection/material combination, then system will automatically propose you the 'billing list' which is candidate for retrobilling. You can check the documents which you want to retrobill.

This scenario is common in steel industry or for that matter any industry with deals with base materials and they are commonly known as 'Base Material Amendments'

Do let us know if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Do i have to maintain any type of Documents

because when i run t-code VFRB after filling all required fields, system shows me a massage No documents have been selected for retro-billing

where i maintain Order reasons????

Is it in Credit/ Debit Memo?

I have created Cond. Type PDIF and added in my Pricing Procedure.

now my pricies have been increased w.e.f. 1st April, 2010 and there is more than 2000 invoices which is to be retro billed.

guide me step by step how to bill all

do i have to run any BDC for updating any order reason or system will do it automatically for all invoices.

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

>>

> Do i have to maintain any type of Documents

> because when i run t-code VFRB after filling all required fields, system shows me a massage No documents have been selected for retro-billing

> Gaurav

Check

1. Have you updated the pricing conditions in VK12 with effective date as of April 1, 2010 ?

2. For correct location of PDIF, check pricing procedure RVA001

3. Location for Order Reasons - S&D>Sales>Sales Doc>Sales Doc Header>Define Order Reasons. Here for the order reasons you will find usage indicator. Use 1/2 as per your requirements.

Examples of order reasons include price changes, poor quality or ruined material. Depending on

how the order reason you entered is customized, this billing document becomes relevant for

retroactive billing.

4. Check all copy controls

5. Run VFRB with right selection criteria

6. Provide Dr/Cr memo type along with order reason (which u configured earlier) to simulate/create retrobills.

All your 2000 invoices could be retrobilled in one go.

No BDC etc is required!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Herpreet ji

Thanks a lot..

With the help of your valuable remarks,

at least now i can see all my Bills for single customer in one screen after running and simulate t-code VFRB.

But while going for invoicing system give error log that Sales Doc type Z** cannot be Invoiced with Billing Type G2* i knw it might be the problem of Copy Control somehow.

Can u please share what type of Copying requirements i have to enter for Header and Item and what Item catagory i have to choose G2N, TAN or REN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav,

Its good to know that you have been able to reach quite far off. As you rightly said its just a matter of having your copy controls correctly maintained and you are good to go.

Here are the pointers:

Item Category TAN or the ITem categories which you have used and wish to have retrobilled. in your case it should be TAN only

Header Copying requirements - you can enter 000

Item Level - 027 Item bill. to bill.

Data VBRK/VBRP`- 000

Pricing type C

Please let me know if you are still stuck up ...

Regards

Harpreet