cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to check the redundancy of master data in the system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to get rid of all redundant customers/materials/vendors in my SAP system.Any suggestions as to how I can check if a specific customer / vendor is being used currently by the business or not?

Edited by: Christino Ronaldo on Sep 27, 2010 8:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronaldo,

I would tackle your question from two sides. One to check if there are any sales ( for customer ) / purchase (vendors) transactions in the system for any material. And do the same for materials if they have been sold/purchased at all.

The second thing would be see from FI side - if there are any AR's or AP's for the customers and vendors respectively. This would narrow down my search to find redundant master data. Finally its the business decision to block / inactivate such master data.

Regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think one of the ways of doing it is to check if the orders (sales or purchase orders) are created for the each of the customer (or vendor) for last couple of years and then deciding with the FI team before getting rid of them.

For checking if the sales orders for each customer you can use table VBAK

For checking if the Purchase orders are created for each customer, you can use table EKKO.

You can also use transaction VA05N for checking if any sales order is created for a customer for a specified duration in case you are using ECC 6.0. Else, you can try with VA05. VA05 transaction will give you an idea about the customer and material for a specified duration and for a specific sales area.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions on it?