cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Inbound Port Not Processing Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I got an issue while processing file from Ready folder of a specific Inbound Port where files are not processed then i tried with another inbound port of the same repository there it is working fine. Can anybody please help me out to make it work.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Make sure the user ID that you are using for the auto imports in the mdis.ini file has sufficient rights for that particular port. If thats not there the file would not autoimport.

You could even try importing the file manually using import type as port. This will help you identify if there any problems in the file and its schema that you trying to import.

Also check if the port is set to automatic and the schema and map is maintained correctly.

Another thing that you could check in the console is the port status. If there is a file in the ready folder it must display has data. Or if a file in the exception folder it must then show blocked on exception if you have set that property to yes.

In cases when it does not show if afile present or not,you need to make sure the directory path mentioned in the mdis.ini file is correct. Also you would need to restart the importserver through the services and check again.

If nothing works try deleting the port and recreating it through the console.

Regards,

Aditya Dhurandhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I faced the same issue few weeks ago, I recreated Map and assign map to Port in MDM console also i restarted MDIS Services after recreating Import Map. It worked for me. So would suggest you to the same.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

null

Edited by: Kiran on Oct 1, 2010 9:38 AM

Edited by: Kiran on Oct 1, 2010 9:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) you can check the file have any special characters like( |' and |") and

2) sometimes MDM will do processing UNICODE(UTF-8) files only.

due to above two reasons also, files are not pick up from Ready folder. you can check this files in logs folder.

Regards,

Bhupal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

There are differnet reasons for MDIS is being not working.

1) First check the port properties in the console. It should be automatic.

2) And check port status. It can be empty or blocked in your case. If it is empty, ask interface to send data to ready folder.

If it is blocked, there must be structural exception which needs to be fixed.Unless fix the structural expetions, MDIS can not

process it.

3) If not above reasons, please restart MDIS and check it.

4) Also please check whether the file which is in ready folder is compatiable with port format or not. For example, if port supports XML format and the files which are in ready folder in Excel format. Then MDIS does not process these files due to

incompatibility.So make sure that format of files which are in ready folder compatiable with port format.

Thanks,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the sap note 1006149 for this issue.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please check in Reports. The type would be Import. You should be able to see the reason here.

Also check the Logs.

Please double check if the Remote system and Port properties are all correct. (Port is set to automatic)

Check if the files are moving to any other folder ex Exceptions / Archive.

Try to import the file manually and check the import action.

Last option: Restart MDIS and MDS.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravikumar,

kindly check following point

1. Make sure inbound file path, remote system, map, XML schema, Processing Type, Block on structural exception

2. Read/Write permission for inbound path and file

3. In MDS log file details try to find error details

even if problem not resolved then verify & repair repository or delete the port and rebuild port with same naming convention

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Thanks for Reply. As suggested i have checked the ftp permissions of error port to which permissions are with different users as compared to other ports. Please tell me what could be the solution.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RaviKumar,

You need to provide Read/Write permission to user(for e.g Admin) for entire MDM Inbound Path Folder and also make sure read/write permission to data file to load in MDM, So MDIS server define user (Admin) will pick and load the data to MDM server

Hope this will resolve your problem if not revert back

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can you also try few suggestions mentioned here:

Regards,

---Satish