cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL10C - Material Based

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to understand if the output of the VL10c can be made material wise, currently the output that i get is the sales document comes at the header level followed by all the line items at the item level,

Can this be changed to material at the header level followed by the sales orders of that material at the item level. This will be useful for me if i run VL10C & do deliveries based on the Stock that i have. which will be seen against the lines ( based on the layout screen of VL10c, this was already bought).

Thanks & Regards

ilango

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread as the same is not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the information, even in this case we are getting the order number as the header & we are not able to get material at the item level. we have lot of materials & all these materials are used in multiple sales orders for various customers.

The reason behind this requirement is that, when we have some materials in stock, while we run VL10c, we can check on the qty specific to that material appearing against the line ( precisely the order number) with the reqd qty. & decide if that line / order can be delivered, the volume of materials, orders & customers are high. so we prefer to have the requirements for that materials in terms of orders.

Rgds

ilango

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I feel you are confused with the basics itself. You are aware in SAP, we have header and item data and material code will always be at item level. How this can be changed to header level ??

As I said earlier, select one material and execute in VL10C so that all orders will be populated there. Select the required and process delivery in background.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you execute VL10C, in the output (which normally displays as hierarchy display), click on the button Sequential display button. This will change the display layout. Here you can click on material column and click on sort by button. This will sort based on materials.

I assume this will help you a bit on what you are looking for, if not 100% satisfied your requirement.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lakshmipathi,

hope you still dont understand my requirement, i do understand that materials will always be at the item level, i want an output something like MD04, where the materials will be at the header level & the associated documents at the item level.

I cannot use MD04 to do collective deliveries & i cannot key in materials one by one, as the number of materials i deal are more.

if i key in collective materials, i am still getting displays based on the orders & not based on the materials.

thanks & Regards

ilango

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You also have a tab "Material" where you can maintain the required material and execute so that against that materials whatever sale orders are created will be displayed.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi