cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESR - How do you import standard SAP Models

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've recently upgraded to PI 7.1 and I'm looking to model some integration scenarios.

I have been reading the following help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/73/70bfcc163b48b0bb5edb6cdd860766/frameset.htm

Under the section - Modeling Guide for model types in the ES Repository - there is the following note

Finally, the different models are a good way of documenting the whole process of an application and make it easier to enhance software later.

Note

SAP already works internally with the modeling environment, including a unification and standardization process (Governance Process), to increase the level of reusability. SAP delivers the models that were produced by this process as ESR content to aid the understanding of the SAP application.

End of the note.

I'm wondering if there is a way to import these models so I can view them.

Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou both for your assistance.

I've grabbed the models and loaded them succesfully.

Cheers,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

After the upgrade, if you drill down the SAP Standard Software Component Versions in the ESR you'll notice some of the models that SAP shipped with the upgrade. You can start looking at those to get a good idea of how SAP has used them.

The other alternative is that if you import XI Content from Service Marketplace that you migh require for building Enterprise Services for a specific scenario you may have, SAP Models used to produce that Enterprise Service/s are shipped with the XI content. You can browse through those as well.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

When you download ESR content from Service Marketplace into your ESR you will be able see to the models along with the rest of the content (data types, service interface etc.)

For example if you download the SAP Global Datatypes content from service.sap.com the models are available with the content as well.

Cheers

Phillip