Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Node Name

SF_Commune
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to get the Node Name at run time... What are the different methods to get the node names and plz let me know how to do it..

Thanks,

Nanda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't acheive this functionality in Graphical mapping. So you can try Java mapping or abap mapping for the same

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can easily find the node name ( e.g using methods like get parent , get child ) in abap maping or u can use java mapping as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u r using the 7.1 ur job will be very easy.... get payload as XML option is there. from which u can get the node name

In 7.0 u dont have anything of that sort.... others please comment on this...

Babu

SF_Commune
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies Supriya and Babu, I dont wanna hard code it and am using the version 7.0.. Is there any other options available??

Please let me know..

Thanks,

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Clearly no such a direct way to get the node name...

U can write a Java Class and achive this..

If u r number of fields are not many u can hard code or else go for small java class

Babu

SF_Commune
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Babu,

From which object i have to take the node name? Is there any sample java code available to get node name? If possible can you plz tel me a sample to get a single node name to get at run time???

Thanks,

Nanda

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
If u r using the 7.1 ur job will be very easy.... get payload as XML option is there. from which u can get the node name

Which object of SAP PI 7.1 provides this option? Are you talking about XML validation?

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Nandan

From which object i have to take the node name? Is there any sample java code available to get node name? If possible can you plz tel me a sample to get a single node name to get at run time???

U can take the node names based on ur req,,,

Please check in SDN for Java mapping u will get a lot of materials

@Abhishek

there is a option in PI 7.1 called get XML Payload, i have used but currently im into 7.0 im nt remembering the exact name of that...

It wil give the node name in XML payload.

In small UDF u can extract that node name and assign to target. DOM or SAX parser is req in UDF

Babu

SF_Commune
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion Babu, I would work on it and update you once we are done!

Thanks,

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why can't you hardcore it?

-Supriya.