cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event triggered when a popup closes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a WD4A application. On one view(SECOND_VIEW) of a window(MAIN_WINDOW), there is a button. When the user clicks this button, a popup window displays.

Now what i want is that when the popup closes, the previous view(second_view) does some action.

So the question is how do i find out if the popup window has closed? I am able to close it, but how to inform the view that called it, that it is closed.

P.S. The popup view is in a different window.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mithun,

I had a similar requirement for which i used cross component programming technique. I am using the SUBSCRIBE TO BUTTON EVENT in the WDDOINT method of popup window to register an event handler to it's OK button.

lo_window->subscribe_to_button_event(
               button            = if_wd_window=>co_button_OK
               button_text       = 'Select DOC NR.'
               action_name       = 'SELECT'
               action_view       = l_api
               is_default_button = abap_true ).

I have created a method TRIGGER_EVENT_NAV in COMPONENTCONTROLLER .In my event handle in popup windowr (action 'SELECT' in my case) i am calling the previously mentioned compcontoller method (TRIGGER_EVENT_NAV) by using this statement WD_COMP_CONTROLLER->TRIGGER_EVENT_NAV( ).

Now create an event in your COMPONENTCONTROLLER ( eg. OP_SECOND_WDW - this acts as your outbound plug ) and create a corresponding inbound plug in SECOND WINDOW ( IN_SECOND_WDW ). register this inbound plug (IN_SECOND_WDW) to event of component controller (OP_SECOND_WDW ).

use this statement

wd_this->fire_OP_SECOND_WDW_evt 

in the method TRIGGER_EVENT_NAV to trigger the event OP_SECOND_WDW from component controller. This event in turn triggerrs the inbound plug IN_SECOND_WDW of second window.

Further naviagtion within the window is the normal INBOUND - OUTBOUND plug navigation.

Let me know if you need any further input on this issue.

Thanks,

Vivek

Edited by: Vivek Priyadarshi on Sep 29, 2010 4:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you can use the method SET_ON_CLOSE_ACTION() of IF_WD_WINDOW to set an handler for 'ONCLOSE' event.

In the handler write the logic to be executed when the window is closed.

Thanks,

aditya.