cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do I need to run report RV80HGENu00A0to activate routine in QAS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD gurus,

Every time I executed VL02N then click on post button I get an abap dump "CX_SY_DYN_CALL_ILLEGAL_FORM". I've learned that i have to run report RV80HGEN to activate the routine in QAS. My question is why do I have to run this report that I never ran in DEV? If you have SAP Notes it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Joel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1115366
Active Participant

When you use VOFM to create, attach, and configure a new routine in DEV, the system updates certain calling programs and table entries, alerting them to the presence of the new routine. These changes are not included in the transport containing the new routine. RV80HGEN is the systemu2019s way of updating them in the target system.

Note 22808 gives a thorough technical explanation of the process.

Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is now clear to me.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Joel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

The reply is already given for this.

In development you dont need to run this because, when the program is created, the technical tables are automatically generated for usage. However when you move this to the target system, you manually have to execute the program to activate these table entries for the routine.

You can also include this program in the transport where the routine is saved. In this case, when the routine moves to the target system, the program automatically runs and the routine will be generated in the target system.