cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPgui 7.20 - Patch 2 - SapLogonTree.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We use a centralised saplogon.ini and set the environment variable SAPLOGON_INI_FILE on our users profiles so that they all access the same centrally managed saplogon.ini.

Now with SAPgui 7.20, the SapLogonTree.xml file is created in the same location as the saplogon.ini ... this is nice and obviously when using the SAPLOGON_INI_FILE or /INI_FILE options implies that it is central to all users.

However I do have a couple of issues with this.

Firstly the SapLogonTree.xml is a great idea, however the fact that it has a Favorites and Shortcuts area implies that each user should be able to drag their own selection of systems into the favorites area and/or create their own shortcuts.

Through a bit of testing if you drag a new favorite, then everyone gets this new favorite. Kind of amusing when a bunch of users start dragging/deleting systems from the Favorites area all impacting each others options.

Ideally I would like to be able to hide the favorites and shortcut options in the saplogon pad. Or allow the use of a central saplogon.ini but using a user specific/distributed SapLogonTree.xml.

Anyone had a play with this??

Cheers

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

m_bezemer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Shaun Wimpory wrote:

Ideally I would like to be able to hide the favorites and shortcut options in the saplogon pad.  Or allow the use of a central saplogon.ini but using a user specific/distributed SapLogonTree.xml.

SAP GUI Logon Configuration - Netweaver Technology - SCN Wiki  :

Disabling SAP Logon Views via Registry

You can set up the SAP Logon in such a way, that some of the three standard SAP Logon views (Explorer/List/Tree view) are not visible for the user.

To disable any of the three available SAP Logon views, create the following registry keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPLogon]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPLogon] (32 Bit OS)

“ShowExplorerView” (REG_DWORD) = 0 (disables the explorer view in SAP Logon)

“ShowListView” (REG_DWORD) = 0 (disables the list view)

“ShowTreeView” (REG_DWORD) = 0 (disables the tree view)

(lightbulb) In standard mode, at least one view needs to be enabled.

(lightbulb) In accessibility mode, the list view has to be enabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok ... have worked it out. SAP really should document this a little better.

Basically if you use a centralised ini file you no longer need to use /INI_FILE or SAPLOGON_INI_FILE.

Basically you set a registry entry called ConfigFileOnServer which points to your centrally managed SAPLogonTree.xml file.

In the SAPLogonTree.xml file you point to your centrally managed saplogon.ini file.

The user can still create "favorites" by dragging the SID of choice to the favorites folder, however these are stored in the users local SAPLogonTree.xml which is within %APPDATA%\SAP\Common. This means the users see all the systems/folders as set by the administrator, but still maintain their own favorites.

Read SAP Note 1426178

Fantastic.

Would still be nice however to have the option to permanently disable/hide the favorite and shortcut areas in the tree.

Cheers

Shaun

julian_krtten
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Shaun,

I faced exactly the same problem as you did. And I tried to set the SAPLOGON_INI_FILE variable and a central saplogontree.xml. But this constellation doesn't work. You cannot set the central tree.xml and the local SAPLOGON_INI_FILE at the same time.

You gave me the solution, thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried do to the same thing, but it didnt work.

I would like to have the SAPLogon.ini stored on the network, published by us and not possible to be changed by the users..

But favorites etc should be possible to be created by users (stored on their local computers?)

This is what I did,

ConfigFileOnServer is created in the registry with a value that points to X:\SAP\SapLogonTree\SapLogonTree.xml

SapLogonTree.xml contains following value:

<File type="Connections" name="X:\SAP\SapLogonTree\saplogon.ini"/>

On the X:\SAP\SapLogonTree\ I gave normal domain users read only.

When I start SAP Logon all servers that are stored in the SAPlogon.ini can be found in the list.

When I create favorites as a normal users in SAP Logon they can be seen there.

But during next SAP Logon start up they are gone again.

How should a correct SapLogonTree.xml look like? could this file be the problem?

We are running SAP GUI 7.20 with patch 3 on Windows XP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hei Clements,

I do not see a reply and may need to "hold off", but just in case you have a solution please add here.

Regards,

Stuart