cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Volume of Data in File based

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to transfer large vould of data (File to File which around 4 GB files), in PI 7.1 how Can I achive this, Do I need to split the files,

Is there a limitaion on transferring the data and how to process the large volume of data across the systems,

What kind of problems will be encountered in File Processing.

Thanks

PR

Edited by: PR on Sep 26, 2010 5:09 PM

Edited by: PR on Sep 26, 2010 5:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use Record set per message option in sender communication chennal, and apply pradeep logic .

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot,

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR

Handling Large volume of data is always not advisable .It may effect performance of other interfaces also.

So if possible try to have RMFT in your landscape to handle large volume interfaces separately.

Please refer the link and my reply to that

Regards

Srinivas

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Processing of high volume file with 4GB is not possible through PI . you can try for a split mechanism.

or there is a option in file adapter like you can specfy the no of rows for a specific file, so that for the configured value the file adapter will automatically create a new message.

eg;total no of rows =1000, split is 100. then the file adapter will create 10 messages for that file with 100 rows each.

Regards

Pradeep P N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

In PI, we can archieve/ delte the messages once they are processed.

Please follow the document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a236...

The messages will be deleted from SAP database itself if you schedule the delete program.

For deleting/archieving the files after they are processed, you Just need to do is to set the file processing mode to delete/archieve

Regards,

Sushama