cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC as Receiver in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am working on a Proxy to IDOC scenario (used IDOC as reciver side), I am sure that IDOC can not be used in Syncronous methods, however I need to post the status of the IDOC on the,

How can I post the staus of the IDOC back to the sender system, if I use BPM what parameter needs to post back to the sender

Thanks

PR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

Do you just want to have the status of the Idoc?

If yes:

Then you can configure ALEAUDIT in your system:(Very good document)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50b499b3...

If No.

Do you want to configure synchronous scenario in terms of some response is needed from IDOC, then you have to go for BPM since IDOC is by default asynchronous system. So, you have to configure Syn/Asyn brigde by BPM.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sushama

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR

How can I post the staus of the IDOC back to the sender system

I had a similar interface in which i need to send ack to the sender system to notify the status of I Doc posting.

I know it can be done in BMP ,by creating an additional sender IDOC channel and maitaining the required configuration

at the SAP system.

But my suggestion would be to have a separate interface for sending the ack back to the sending system,this is because

it will be very useful and can be customized easily if required. You have the flexibility to add anything latter if 3 rd party requests

some additional data along with status.

The trigger should happen just after the Inbound interface posts the IDOC, that would set the change pointer and release

the outbound idoc.I think ALEAUDIT IDOC can be used to fill status fileds in the custom IDOC.

If you measure response time also , it will be better with a separate interface as compared to BPM scenario.

If you need you can use this custom IDOC for other inbound interfaces also, and you can used receiver determination

to route the message to corresponding systems based on a field (can be added in custom IDOC to Identify end system) in Ack IDOC.

Regards

Srinivas

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you think abap proxy option, ABAP Proxy will work perfectly fine for sync scenarios.

Regards,

Raj