cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program run for long time in qas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I met difficulties while executing an ABAP program in our QAS system, it runs for long time and finally dump (4-5 hours), the same code in PRD only takes about 10 seconds to completed.

I tried to check the index on the sap standard table but seems to be exactly the same.

Could any experts suggest possible causes?

Thank you so much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to rebuild the indexes relagted to ABAP program.Some time high fragmentation could also hurt the performance.

list out here your further findings also

Thanks

Mushtaq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thank you for your replies.

are there any third party tools provided by SAP like BRTOOLS for oracle to manage MSSQLSERVER?

For example, if I need to enlarge the data file, is it possible for me to do it at SAP frontend by tcode? or I must do it at database server side to manage it within SQL Server Enterprise Manager under windows OS?

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Except DBA cockpit for monitoring, SAP did not provide any other tools as of i know.

for any changes and regular maintenance task i use SQL Server management studio, including extending datafiles, backup, DB consistency etc..

Thanks

Mushtaq

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all

problem finally solved.

1. extend datafile and 2. rebuild index

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Is the hardware identical and is it identically configured (database cache, SAP buffers etc.)?

- Are the database statistics up-to-date on the QAS system (reflecting the content of the tables)?

- Is the amount of data to be read the same?

Markus