cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispaly the content according in drop down by key when selected from list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

i have a requirement where i have a drop down by key which displays 2 elements A ,B

initially no content related to A and B must be visible

when users selects A from drop down , All the content regarding A must be displayed and

when user selects B from drop down ,All the content regarding must must be displayed

please suggest me how to proceed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

plz help me in writing code for calling 'A" from drop down by key

and "B" .

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assume u have 20 fields together and u need to display 10 of them for A and 10 for B:

1. Create a Transparent container in the View under the Root Container

2. Add the 10 UI elements in the container

3. Create another transparent container and add the remaining 10 elements in this.

4. Navigate to Dictionaries>Local Dictionary>Simple Types

5. Right-Click>Create new Simple Type>Enter the name and package. Click on finish

6. Set the base type as String

7. Switch to "Enumeration" tab and add 2 values

7a. (Key-->A, Value -->A)

7b. (Key-->B, Value -->B)

8. Save the simple type created

9. Switch to the context tab-->create new attribute

10. Enter the name (DDValue) to the attribute and set the type to the simple type created.

11. Create 2 more attributes for controlling visibility of the containers

12. In the context tab>Right click>Create new attribute

13. Enter the name and set the type to "com.sap.ide.webdynpro.uielementdefinitions.Visibility"

14. Bind the Visiblity property of the 2 containers to the 2 attributes created in step 11

15. Create a DD By key and set the SelectedKey property to the attribute created in step 9

16. Create an action for the DD by Key in the OnSelect property

17. Write the following code for the action:

String selectedValue = wdContext().currentContextElement().getDDValue();
if(("A").equalsIgnoreCase(selectedValue))
{
   wdContext().currentContextElement().setContainer1Visibility(WDVisibility.VISIBLE);
   wdContext().currentContextElement().setContainer2Visibility(WDVisibility.NONE);
}
else if(("B").equalsIgnoreCase(selectedValue))
{
   wdContext().currentContextElement().setContainer1Visibility(WDVisibility.NONE);
   wdContext().currentContextElement().setContainer2Visibility(WDVisibility.VISIBLE);
}

This should resolve your problem

Regards,

Poojith MV

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot poojitha u r post has solved my issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for u r response

but i have nearly 20 labels and 10 input fields and buttons

how to achieve this

please help in writing the code and provide me the best possible way

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

categorize the UI elements which are a part of selection value "A" and put them in a transparent container. similarly, group all the UI elements which needs to be displayed when the selection value is "B" in another transparent container.

Once u do this, bind the "visible" property of the Transparent container to an attribute of type Visibility.

The code which i have given in my previous reply can be used to control the visibility based on selection.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can either create the transparent containers as suggested by Poojith. and if it is not possible to keep in a transparent container you can also bind the same visilbility attribute to all the elements you want and this too will work

Regards,

Raju Bonagiri

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use the WDVisibility property to control the visibility of the UI elements. Try the following:

1. In the wdDoInit() method, write the code to populate the Dropdown with the required values (In case the values are loaded at runtime). else create a simple type and load the values for DD at design time.

2. Bind the "visible" property of the UI elements to a context attribute of type Visibility.

3. In the wdDoInit() method, write the following code to hide the UI elements:

wdContext().currentContextElement().setAFieldVisibility(WDVisibility.NONE);
wdContext().currentContextElement().setBFieldVisibility(WDVisibility.NONE);

4. Create an action for the DD and write the following code:

if(("A").equalsIgnoreCase(wdContext().currentContextElement().getDDSelection)
{
---wdContext().currentContextElement().setAFieldVisibility(WDVisibility.VISIBLE);
---wdContext().currentContextElement().setBFieldVisibility(WDVisibility.NONE);
}
else if(("B").equalsIgnoreCase(wdContext().currentContextElement().getDDSelection)
{
---wdContext().currentContextElement().setBFieldVisibility(WDVisibility.VISIBLE);
---wdContext().currentContextElement().setAFieldVisibility(WDVisibility.NONE);
}

Regards,

Poojith MV

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal

To populate the dropdown by key, use the below codes : -

HashMap keyValueList = new HashMap();
keyValueList.put("A", "AList");
keyValueList.put("B", "BList");		

IWDAttributeInfo nodeInfo = wdContext.node<NODE NAME like XYZ>().getNodeInfo().getAttribute("Node Context Attribute Name ABC");
ISimpleTypeModifiable simpleType = nodeInfo.getModifiableSimpleType();
IModifiableSimpleValueSet valueSet = simpleType.getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

valueSet.clear();
Iterator iterator = keyValueList.keySet().iterator();
while(iterator.hasNext()) {
	Object keyValue = iterator.next();
	valueSet.put(keyValue, keyValueList.get(keyValue).toString());
}

Then create the method can call from onSelect even of the Dropdown by key. In the method put the logic to populate the content related to A and B based on the selected input A or B from dropdown.

wdContext.currentXYZ().getABC() ...it will returns values A or B.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it in the onSelect action of the drop down. Create attribute of "com.sap.ide.webdynpro.uielementdefinitions.Visibility" and map it to the visible property of the UI elements which you want to display on the selection. Check with the key value of the simpleType for the dropdown and make UI elements visible and invisible.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Manoj

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can write code in the event handler of the drop down.

create two attribute with type visibility in the controller.

bind them to the content which you want to control the visibility.

in the event handler, set the attribute to visible or none according to your requirement.