Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring inspection for a batch with early date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a batch with retest date 31.07.2010

I need to create the inspection lot of recurring inspection for this batch today.

I use transaction QA07, but this will not work for days earlier than today.

I tried to create the lot manually, the lot was created but the quantity was not transferred to the Quality inspection and remained unrestricted.

I need to create the lot and transfer the quantity to quality inspection....how can I handle this case?

Regards,

MaX

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When it comes to recurring inspection then Inspection lot will automatically created only when retest/scheduled date come.

Only option remains is manually trigger but it does not have the Stock posting option.

Practically you should not change he date but that's the only way remains.

There is no other way

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The easiest way is to use MSC2n and change the next inspection date to today's date. Then run it. I'm kind of surprised that it won't pick up a date in the past. I have never run across that in all the systems I have set up for this or had any one mention it before. But I can't say I have ever specifically tested for this though either. I'll maybe give it a shot this week.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought of this solution but it is completely unacceptable with a pharmaceutical industry.

We need another solution

Regards,

MaX

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, nothing is unacceptable. It's just that it needs a lot of documentation. You don't change the date and leave it. You change the date, manually run QA07 to create the 09 inspection and immediately change the date back again. With proper documentation and approval from the QA department this shouldn't be an issue. I am assuming this is a one time thing. It's not like you are advocating a new business process.

The batch record should already be self documenting already and show a record of all changes. While the FDA would frown on this being a regular business practice, if it is something that happens once and the proper paperwork is done. It shouldn't be an issue. It would however cause an auditor to probably ask what caused this in the first place, what was the corrective action applied to prevent it from happening again, how many times has this happened and is it expected to happen in the future. If all of that can be answered, there shouldn't be any issue.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution is to give the batch for which you want to run recurring inspection directly to transaction QA07.

Regards,

MaX

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Max! I probably wouldn't have thought to try that except by happenstance. No real logical reason why it works when you specifically give it the batch number vs not giving it. My guess is maybe the programmer is defaulting in the current date into his query for a general selection of batches but when you specify batches, he builds a different query that isn't using a default "start" date but only checking if the next inspection date is less than the target date.

FF