cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering with JCO or JRA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to buffer data queries when a connection to a datasource fails, but for JCO or JRA this doesn't seem to work.

I have 2 SAP MII versions, one is SAP MII 12.1.3 and the other is the ramp-up 12.2. For both versions I tested the buffering of a SQL query. This works fine. When the connection to the SQL database is broken. The query is put into the Data Buffer Jobs (and Entries) and keeps over there as long as the connection is not restored. When connection is restored the query is executed.

Now I've also built a transaction which makes a goods movement on a production order in the SAP R/3 system. I 've built as well a transaction that uses the JCO action block for the BAPI call, as well a transaction that uses the JRA building block. This transaction works fine as long as the connection to SAP R/3 is not interrupted. According to what I've read, from version MII 12.1 data buffering can be done by as well JCO as well JRA. But, when the SAP R/3 system is stopped, in SAP MII 12.1.3, nothing appears in de Data Buffer Jobs. In SAP MII 12.2 an entry for the JCO/JRA goods movement posting appears in the buffer for some moment, but then dissapears again, without the connection even restored. So for me it seems like buffering isn't working well, or do I need to setup some other things to make buffering via JCO or JRA available.

This is what I've done:

1) in JCO/JRA action block I've put the "Processing Type" on "Asynchronous Processing on Error"/"Asynchronous Processing", because with "Syncronous Processing" the transaction just stops and returns an error in case of disconnection.

2) I filled in retention time, max retry count and retry interval

Do I need to do something else to make data buffering work?

kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since 12.2 is in ramp-up your best bet would be to log a support ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Support ticket logged.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the below thread,

[Thread 1|]

Also refer to this SAP note 0001451448 there has been issues with Data buffering in earlier versions of 12.1 and has been fixed in SP 5 patch 1

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

Edited by: Adarsh Sidnoor on Sep 26, 2010 11:30 PM