cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispatcher starts and shuts down after

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am getting error with my SAP NW ABAP trial aka NSP system.

I was able to install it and was running without any problems, but then I had Windows updates installed, and system shut down without correctly stopping the AS in sapmmc. after restart it doesn't start.

When I go to services and start MAXDB serice it automatically stops.

When I go to sapmmc and start the server from the it goes yellow RAM usage grows rapidly, then it goes green and then after a few seconds stops.

versions: NW ABAP 701(NSP) with MaxDB 7.7on WINXP sp3

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check if your MS Updates have trigged any firewall rules or local security policies to be updated which in turn disables the MaxDB service.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will try to check that one as well, if I don't find any help from MaxDB forum then I will try to uninstall all hotfixes and updates for WinXP =(

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kairat

Try to troubleshoot the MAXDB....Go to Start > Run > services.msc and change the properties of the maxdb service as manual and stop it and restart your system. then again go to the services.msc and change the maxdbs propertis as AUTOMATIC and start the maxdb services. It will start your maxdb service.

Please see the log as metioned in above suggesion.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check first the standard logs: dev_disp, dev_w0, sapstart.log, stderr*

Regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

extract from dev_w0

M  ThTaskStatus: rdisp/reset_online_during_debug 0
Y  *** ERROR => ztta/cua_area is 180000. [sapinit.c    975]
Y  *** ERROR => ztta/cua_area adjusted to 500000. [sapinit.c    979]
X  EmInit: MmSetImplementation( 2 ).

second error

C  Try to connect (DEFAULT) on connection 0 ...
C  *** ERROR => Connect to database failed, rc = -10709 (Connection failed (RTE:[5] database not running))
 [dbsdbsql.cpp 137]
B  ***LOG BV3=> severe db error -10709    ; work process is stopped [dbsh#2 @ 1203] [dbsh    1203 ]
B  ***LOG BY2=> sql error -10709 performing CON [dblink#2 @ 431] [dblink  0431 ]
B  ***LOG BY0=> Connection failed (RTE:[5] database not running) [dblink#2 @ 431] [dblink  0431 ]
M  ***LOG R19=> ThInit, db_connect ( DB-Connect 000256) [thxxhead.c   1449]
M  in_ThErrHandle: 1
M  *** ERROR => ThInit: db_connect (step 1, th_errno 13, action 3, level 1) [thxxhead.c   10563]

My MaxDB is not running, when i try to start the service it automatically stops, saying something like this, "some services automatically shut down if they have nothing to do"

I assume that it must be a problem related to Microsoft updates, because after I installed all of those updates( 63 of them)

it stopped working.

Or second reason might be that after updates system shutdown without proper stopping the server through sapmmc

thanks,

Kairat

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Then you must solve the MaxDB issue first, and get it up and running manually.

Use command "R3trans -d" to test and ensure return code is (000) indicating sucessfully DB connectivity, after MaxDB startup correctly.

What you should is check on MaxDB logs.

ie:

/sapdb/data/wrk/<SID>/knldiag.err

/sapdb/data/wrk/<SID>/knltrace

/sapdb/data/wrk/<SID>/dbm*

/sapdb/data/config/*

If it is MaxDB specific problem, use forum "SAP MaxDB/liveCache"

cheers,

Vincent