cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES installation for PORTAL ACCESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have IDES ECC 6.0 installed. I can access it all over the LAN with any computer with SAP GUI.

How can I turn on the Netweaver Portal for access?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can access your portal with URL: http://<ip address>:5<instance number>00. If you have added hostname of system against the ip-address in your DNS domain then you can replace ip-address with the hostname.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I accessed

http://192.168.2.35:50100 from a web browser....

but I can't access it within the LAN?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

what does mean by you cannot access from LAN but from web browser ?

Thanks

Sunny

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what can you see in the browser when you try to use this URL? Are you sure that this is the IP address belongs to the engine in question? Can you ping this IP? Did you try using FQDN or only hostname as well? Are you certain that the instance number is 01? You can find it out eaily: check the usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<instance number> (or /usr/sap/<SID>/JC<instance number> if this is a standalone engine). The port is then 5<instance number>00.

I hope this helps. If not, then share with us please what you can see in the browser when you try to access the portal as described above.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you selected AS JAVA when you installed ECC IDES 6? Only if AS JAVA, EP.EP-CORE are selected as usage types you will be able to access portal in a system. Please confirm this and later we can debug the issue.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi LIFENG WU

Please try to update server IP and host name in host file entry at (Start > RUN > drivers > etc > host file).

Then try to access to host name.

Check if your system connected to LAN and try to ping the system and update host file. then try to access.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal