cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Partner function in sales order

nitesh_hatizar
Participant
0 Kudos

I am Creating sales order. In line item i m trying to assin two partner function(zm-Booked by)but system shows error

Partner function zm can only occur 1 time in procedure XXXX( Sales document Item). I want to assign partner like

SP - Sold to party - ABC

Sh - Ship to party - ABC

PY- Payer - ABC

BP- Bill to Party - ABC

ZM- Booked by - XYZ

ZM-Booked by - LKJ

How to resolve this problem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Looks like that the partner function in your SAP setup is configured to be allowed only once in a transaction. Was there a recent change in the business requirement that now demands capturing of 2 partners of type ZM. If that is the case, then you would need to change the configuration settings in partner determination.

Partner functions are configured via transaction code VOPAN. In Transaction code VOPAN, if you click on "partner functions" entry from the dialog structure on the left, you will see all the partner functions that are configured for your organization. Now search for ZM partner in that list and if you see that ZM partner contains a checkmark on the field "Unique", then it is configured to be allowed only once. That checkmark needs to be removed to make it appear multiple times in transaction.

Since this is a configuration activity, I would recommend you to talk to your SAP SD consultant or IT team and let him do a impact analysis of this change to all the downstream processes. As you can see the change is simple but you need to perform an impact analysis and need to plan what all needs to be tested before the change can be deployed.

Let me know if you need more help on this or if you would like me to walk you through the VOPAN screen.

Thanks & Regards

Kapil Sharma

Author - Configuring SAP ERP Sales & Distribution

nitesh_hatizar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit and Sahdu,

Thanks for your reply. In my case this sales call is booked by two persons and i have to give incentive(commission) to two person which r having same partner function. Hope u guys understand my question. Waiting for reply

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does your sales process allow two people to book one sales. If so, how many people can at maximum book one sales order. You need to find out that and you have to create that many partner functions. You can create say ZM1, ZM2 etc. Then you can use them to represent all the partners for the specific sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Adding to what Ajit explained, first you need to exactly determine the role of that partner function at the line item. Like at item you can only have one sold to - since he is buying it, thats the role. If there is a different role who is getting that item shipped we use ship to - observe that the role performed here is different.

Similarly your custom partner function ZM - is already fulfilling a role of booked by, so why do you want to have it again. And if you think there is also an additional role performed by ZM - you would need another partner function to clearly distinguish it.

I hope you are getting what I am saying.

Regards

Sadhu Kishore

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

As per standard it will allow to use one Partner Type in one line item if you want add another Booked By then define

another Partner function instead of using ZM Twice create another with some YM etc and assign like that,

SP - Sold to party - ABC

Sh - Ship to party - ABC

PY- Payer - ABC

BP- Bill to Party - ABC

ZM- Booked by - XYZ

YM-Booked by - LKJ

It will not through error.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH