cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple MII components on one CE 7.1 ehp1 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently on MII 12.1.5.5 version on CE 7.1 EHP1.We are planning to upgrade the MII version to MII 12.2

But,I have the following question because of a requirement.

-> Can we have two MII versions running on the same CE 7.1 EHP1 system.Like is it feasible to install MII 12.2 also on the CE 7.1 EHP1 version also keeping the existing MII 12.1.5.5 version.I dont find any references in the guides for this specific point.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Murali Narayanan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Murali,

To the best of my knowledge it's not possible to install them on the same instance for a couple of major reasons; the Web Application name is the same and the classes/tables would have conflicts.

If you're looking to consolidate your hardware footprint, you can however install another NetWeaver CE instance on the same server and install MII 12.2 on that instance. This assumes you have the hardware resources to run them both or you don't mind stopping one instance and then starting the other.

If you have then both running at the same time be sure to change the HTTP port in the system profile for one of the instances. This is not a supported production installation but would work for development/demo purposes.

Hope this helps,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is not possible to have multiple MII versions on the same CE system.

During upgrade, the existing MII 12.1 is upgraded to MII 12.2 and MII 12.1 is no longer available seperately.

Regards,

Murali Narayanan

Edited by: Murali Narayanan on Nov 19, 2010 7:49 AM

Edited by: Murali Narayanan on Nov 19, 2010 7:50 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Did you try this installation?

I am relatively new to the area of 12.2 installation. However, we tried to install 12.2 recently on one of our machines. During installation, it gives an option to build or upgrade. Looking at this, I guess there is an option to upgrade 12.1 or install 12.2 separately.

Best Regards,

Kedar