cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do u restart and monitor J2EE engine from Visual Admin?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mates,

How do you restart J2EE engine from VA?

From VA, is there any way we can monitor if the J2EE engine is rebooting properly or got stuck somewhere?

thx in adv

praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PRaveen,

1) REBOOT : Right click the Dispacher Node or the Server node and choose the option 'reboot'

2) Monitor boot : No, since you need to logon to the J2EE to get the VA operational ( And that will probably not work when the J2EE got stuck )

I think you then need to check via the SAP management console or check some startup logfile

( but I'm not a basis consultant )

regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that monitoring the reboot from VA is not possible, is there any other way from SAP GUI like SMICM etc?

thx

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk,

Is there any difference between right-clicking on dispatcher and server node?

What do u use the node under dispatcher for?

So far, I've used the nodes under server only..

thx

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

1) I don't think you can monitor from SAP GUI. SMICM will only allow you also to trigger a reboot via Administration / J2EE server but for the rest it's happing all in the background with no visibility.

2) The dispatcher node is the 'SAP WEB dispatcher' component which is an independent component / product and ( can ) act as the load balancer

You can also install it standalone to act e.g. as a reverse proxy.

3) The J2EE node represents the J2EE server

rgds

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS Sometimes you need to configure both to get your application scenario working : e.g .if you need to enable SSL , you need to start the SSL service at both nodes and configure on either of them the server certificate and optional how to handle client certificates

So some services work together across both nodes

rgds

Dirk

Answers (0)