cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking files based on the requested URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a requirement where I need to pick image files from SAP DMS server based on the URL requested.

The scenario :

Third-party sends a URL corresponding to a particular image in DMS as request and PI needs to Pick the image

file and send it as response.

Due we need BPM? How to set up sender file adapter source directory as the file name/directory to be picked is dynamic in nature and there is no specifc pattern .We need to pick the exact file base on the Unique URL.

Can we do this requirement in a synchronous interface by using HTTP or SOAP attachments for image? What about

the performance impact as we have img files here.

Regards,

Srinivas

Edited by: Srinivas on Sep 27, 2010 11:36 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

Third-party sends a URL corresponding to a particular image in DMS as request and PI needs to Pick the image

This is not possible in PI file sender adapter.

Yes its better to go for HTTP or SOAP adapter. If images are present yes ofcourse it will take large memory... But no way to escape rt!!!

Babu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BPM would be required....We had a similar requirement wherein a URL was given at runtime to PI....then PI had to call the location and get back the details and we used SOAP for this (SYNC Call to the URL using SOAP channel from the BPM).

Can we do this requirement in a synchronous interface by using HTTP or SOAP attachments for image?

Not sure how the attachment will function inside a BPM....in my case I got the details as part of the message...even it was an image but it was stored as a base64 encoded message.

Regards,

Abhishek.