cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD in a central insance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts, my question is about where to direct the SLD when you are configuring the Solman, right now we are doing the initial configuration (in a DEV instance), and we are ponting the SLD to the Netwaver Portal (DEV) but for some problems we got to reintall the Portal so I would like to know what is better for an organization? pointing the SLD to the Portal (DEV)?, Portal (PRD)? or to the Solman itself?.

(Some time ago a SAP consultant told us to point the SLD to the Portal)

Thanks for your answer,

Paul Hurtado

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

In my case, I don't see any problem in direct the SLD to SOlman. Usually, in the most part of customers, they use the SLD of Solution Manager, but there are some cases where you can design your SLD in a different way. You must design the best way, the best location for your SLD, the advantages and the disadvantages. To perform a detailed analysis about how to design your SLD implementation I strongly recommend these blogs below. They'll be 100% helpful to clarify your doubts with a very high level SLD expert.

/people/boris.zarske/blog/2007/06/10/planning-a-strategy-for-the-system-landscape-directory-sld-of-sap-netweaver

/people/boris.zarske/blog/2007/06/10/an-overview-of-the-documentation-required-to-set-up-the-system-landscape-directory-sld-of-sap-netweaver

/people/boris.zarske/blog/2008/03/21/sld-general-recommendation-how-to-set-up-the-system-landscape-directory

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/10/19/solution-manager-70-and-sld

/people/boris.zarske/blog/2006/07/28/ulm206-landscape-strategies-for-the-system-landscape-directory-of-sap-netweaver

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello there

What Mateus says is correct where you point and locate your SLD depends on the landscape

and how the SLD will be used

The SLD that is used by Solution Manager or is on the Solution Manager J2EE is traditionally the central SLD

- containing all systems from all sources (data suppliers, other SLDs etc)

You should be careful doubling up SLD useage - i.e have more than one client like Solution Manager and XI using

the same SLD - some applications like XI require the SLD for runtime (at least this is generally the thinking although

it could also be that clients have specific requirements that may conflict with each other) and thefore need a local

dedicated SLD. To give you an example -->

Solution Manager J2EE might be allowed to be brought down or restarted whenever required - there is maybe only a small user group notified or affected if however you using Solution Manager J2EE SLD for XI purpose - the consequences of this flexible downtime policy for XI could be severe

Best wishes

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I would suggest you to go with SLD--->SOLMAN,we have setup the same in out landscape.

Regards

Uday