Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

USOBT table - how SAP Interprets it in the code ?

Hello Experts,

When SAP populates USOBT table, there are certain authorization objects that are in No check. I am interested to know how does SAP understands not to do authority-check for these even though the authority-check for these objects are in the code. Also when we change it to check or check/maintain it starts cheking it.

Example - For t-code VKM1 - authorization object V_VBAK_AAT is in No-check so when you release a SD document using VKM1 and run a trace on this user id - you will find in trace that for V_VBAK_AAT, return code is 0. Understandable as the auth object is in No-check, SAP probably ignores it but once it is changed to Check or Check/maintain it starts checking for it. I would like to know how does SAP do that.

Reason for all this is because we created a custom t-code ZSD_VKM1 which uses the same program as VKM1 but when you release the document and try to save it using this custom t-code it gives the error message - " No maintenance authorization for the order type XXX" . But VKM1 does not. I tried to put V_VBAK_AAT as No Check in SU24 for this custom t-code but it does not help.

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question