cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRVS2010 Beta 2 - report does not print in Landscape mode correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal Reports Beta 2 for Visual Studio 2010 on Windows XP. I am trying to print a report in landscape mode. The WPF Crystal Report Viewer displays the report correctly in landscape view. When I print it, it moves all the data to the center of the page, prints it in smaller font and to the left and cuts off a lot of the data on the right hand side.

I have tried various different suggested solutions from reading other forums and nothing seems to work. Is this a known Crystal Report Viewer issue?

Solutions I have already tried:

1. Page setup under Crystal Reports - selected no printer (optimize for screen display)

2. Page setup under Crystal Reports - checked dissociate formatting page size and printer paper size

3. Setting paper orientation and page orientation at run-time to landscape.

4. Printing to different printers

Something to note, I can export this report as a .pdf file and it prints perfectly from adobe. This only seems to be an issue when printing directly from the WPF Crystal Report Viewer to the printer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have been stuck on this issue for a while...

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Final Production release is now available. See this thread for more info:

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

There have been issues with printing and printers in CR 2008 and the same routines are in CR 2010. The patches we have done to help with standard paper sizes in CR 2008 are not in the Beta releases.

Not sure if they will make it into the GA release next month. As a work around I suggest you continue exporting to PDF and then printing the PDF file until they have been resolved and patches are available.

Thank you

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I confirmed that WPF viewer does not print landscape reports. Issue has been reported to Product Development. Please stand by for an update.

Ludek