cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services for Objects will not display attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, we are currently set up to display attached documents using IXOS Live Viewer, but only a select number of users have this viewer due to licensing, etc.

The problem is, we have requirements for other users to display attachments in FI documents who do not have IXOS Live Viewer and therefore they are not able to display the attachments because of this. Since we will not pay for more live viewer licences, there must be a way to tell SAP to use the standard windows viewers installed on the machine, if the first choice (Live viewer) isn't installed? I have looked through the customizing for this answer, and I think I've found where it's configured to use live viewer, but I dont' know how to config it to use something else, if live viewer isn't available. Your help would be much appreciated.

Marty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marty

It is my understanding that the IXOS licensing is based on users retrieving of documents not necessarily the viewer so the licensing implications of having non-IXOS viewers accessing documents using the generic archivelink viewer is still likely to result in licensing implications if an audit is conducted at any stage.

The transaction for specifying the viewer is the OAA3 and OAG4.

Regards,

Athol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marty,

Every documents get displayed on your system is either thru sap viewer or the viewer installed on your system. Kindly install the appropriate viewer which is option for the existing viewer as it's matter of licences. And try.This will help to open the documents. But you must have to install the viewer either same or other.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra