Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data upload for records management

s0004895470
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We're facing a problem while creating an RFC-enabled function to upload documents to the 'digital personnel file', which is the HR extension on records management.

The goal is to transfer a document to SAP via RFC and upload it then from the given function module to the employee's record.

We're able to create a document with the SRM-classes framework. However, linking the document to the record proves to be a problem.

Could you advise which properties need to be set to link a document to the record?

Are the alternative scenario's we could try to explore?

I have tried to debug the webdynpro scenario to the bottom, but I'm loosing my hair over it...

Thanks in advance!

kind regards,

Luk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Luk,

Please use SRM_RECORD_ADDELEMENTS to add elements/objects to record.

For the document, you need to retrieve the document ID to use in the above mentioned BAPI.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luk,

The linkage of module may be very critical. But if you have a requirement for attaching the documents like photo,certificates or other documents related to employee to records management then you can create a radio button to recodrs management screen with help of abap'r and directly attach these documents to respective records management screen.

for linkage it may not feasible or much critical.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra