SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPO4 location of saved files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an option in FPO4 to save files with the report results (Additional Output to Dataset). The documentation says it is saved

"...always on the application server where the interval was processed". But there are so many folders visible in AL11 and I have not found anything in the usual default ones (HOME, SAPEX)

Is there some customizing to determine the location of those files? Or a way to find the default location?

Thank you.

Jan

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

The items are transferred to the dataset with the DDIC structure FKKOP_COPY, either in binary form or as text.

The name of the data set is defined via the logical path FICA_OPEN_ITEMS and the logical file name FICA_OPEN_ITEMS.

For report <PARAM_1>: Name of user, <PARAM_2>: Current date, <PARAM_3>: sequential number in day,

For mass activity <PARAM_1>: Date ID of run, <PARAM_2>: ID of run, <PARAM_3>: Interval number.

Go to Transaction Code-FILE.

You will find a logical path called FICA_OPEN_ITEMS.

Then assign the physical path to the logical path under the syntax grp that you are using.

The physical path means the actual location in the SAP application directory, where you want to save your file.

Hope it helps......

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan

The path you described led to "TMP" folder, but I finally found the files in "GLOBAL" directory. So It seems it doesn't work as expected. I'll try to debug it to find out why.

Unfortunatelly the files do not contain the same information as the report (no sums, no column header, no column separators). Therefore it is not as user friendly as to be offered to end-users as a report option.

Thanks for your hint.

Jan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you not just use Save/Send Option in the report list. There you have lot of options to take.

regards,

David

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I can't able to open the tmp file saved in global directory to fetch the contents of FPO4 tcode?

how can we call the tcode FPO4 from custom program?

Set parameter id is possible with call transaction since there is no parameter id for key date, so i choosen BDC to call tcode FPO4 but cant able to execute the Tcode FPO4.

could you please suggest regarding above two queries.

Message was edited by: LAVA KUMAR